TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, November 1, 2001

Have You Ever been Loved So Much that...

Camping w/ Little Rachel, May 2010

...You've been Overruled? That's exactly what happened to me on Friday. Ever since our oldest son turned 5, we've braved the elements a 2x/year with little ones in tow. This particular trip excited us because it offered us the chance to get to know 18 other families from our Sunday School class. So, I proceeded with all the necessary preparations to drag the indoors outdoors for a 2-night, memory-making, and soul refreshing camping experience. That was, until...I was overruled.

You see, I had mentioned to my hubby on the phone that I had a little head cold; however, when he got home and SAW my pitiful state, he lovingly stepped in. "There is no way you're going to sleep out in 40 degree weather, pregnant, and with a head cold."  From this Mama's perspective, I didn't want to spoil the weekend plans for our family, so I was going to push through it. Yet, in reality, my loving husband stepped in to protect my best interest and that of his unborn son. Yes, the rest of the family had to sit out not camp out, but not without a valuable lesson being learned.

21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

There is something unexplainably wonderful about serving the Lord God Almighty. Like my loving husband who overruled my "push through it" insanity, so my loving Heavenly Father overrules me at times. Have you ever been overruled by the Lord? While initially we may question, "Why?", feel disappointed, or wish for a different outcome, we can rest these worries in His peace. The key is to remember His great love for us. We recall His unchanging character that does not flit and float here or there with passing circumstances. He is our solid Rock, and the One who holds everything together by His powerful name. The Lord's plans for us supersede our own initiatives, are based on our best interest, protect us, and offer us hope and a future.

Guadalupe SP, May 2010: Matthew eating breakfat tacos and muffins.
Dear friends, what plans do you hold in your heart this day, this week? I challenge you to offer them up to the changeless one who has secured your good future in His hands. Hold them with open hands, to your Loving Father, whose love and purpose for you is greater than you can ask for or imagine.

Dear Lord, Jesus, we are in awe of your power, your unchanging character, and your excellent plans for us. Thank you for writing a better script for our lives than we can author ourselves. Help us to hold our plans up to you with open hands and willingly go where You direct us. Give us humble, open hearts to learn the lessons You desire to teach us, so we may know you more. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment