TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Baby Shannon


Guess who? That's right! This is a picture of me when I was about 3 months old. As you can see, I was a very well-fed baby girl! From the looks of it, apparently I didn't miss too many meals.

Although I look pretty happy for the camera, my mom says I was actually quite the opposite until I turned nine-months old and started walking.

Why was I so unhappy? Well, I was so hefty, my mom said, that I wasn't able to go anywhere...until I gained the strength to stand up and walk off!

I was born on Tuesday, April 11, 1978, at 8:48 pm. My mom gave natural birth to me at Midland Memorial Hospital with the great help of my dad, who was an excellent labor coach, I hear!

My family mistook me for a boy when I was born. Why was that? Well, first of all my heart rate was low, which was an indicator back then that the baby may be male. To top that off, the hospital ran out of pink receiving blankets. When my family peered into the nursery at the "Moore" crib complete with a baby wrapped in a blue blanket...well, they thought I was a boy!
I am the first-born child. Two and a half years after I entered the world, my mom gave birth to my younger brother. For years I mothered him like he was my own. That was a good and a bad thing. While the mothering helped out when it came to potty training (I took on that responsibility as a little four and a half year-old girl), I had to make some apologies to my brother as a young adult for my prideful attitude and for not respecting him as he grew older.
I will share more fun and memorable childhood stories in future posts. These are the stories that my own children beg me to tell them. I suppose, they will either die with me someday or be lost in the translation somewhere down the road if I fail to write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment