TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Most Loved Mother in the World

I am 27 weeks 2 days pregnant with my 4th child and little girl! This morning (8:30 AM) I had my blood glucose test at the midwife. That meant I had fasted since 12:00 midnight and couldn't consume anything (besides water and the glucose syrup concoction) until 1 hour after my first blood draw. My SIL had my 3rd son and the big boys came with me so they could accomplish some schoolwork while we waited at the birthing center for my glucose test to conclude.

Following that we made several stops for errands. Being a homeschool mom, I cannot justify getting out of the home and not being efficient with my outing! The guys were real troopers as we went in and out of Michael's, loaded up on bulk items at Costco, ran into Office Depot for Christmas letter paper, zoomed through Whole Foods for staple items from there, and zipped through Old Navy to find two birthday gifts for my precious niece and nephew!

Finally, we arrived home about a quarter till 2:00 pm. I put my youngest son in the highchair with some lunch while the big boys and I unloaded the car. Then it was naptime for Samuel (and boy did I need a nap, too). However, my oldest still had some school left to do and my kitchen was TRASHED!!!

To give you an idea of the condition of my kitchen, here you go...
- Dishwasher loaded (but with clean dishes...)
- Sink full (of dirty dishes)
- Ground covered (with last night's haircut remains from the big boys, a few baby toys, crumbs, leaves, groceries, etc.)
- Countertops (topped with crumbs, flour, wheat from our Christmas tree ornament project, groceries, half-made lunch--PB and J (or PB and H for my oldest) sandwiches, etc.)

You get the picture. Then it hit me. My body said, "Woman, you better lay down or you'll fall down!" So, selecting the most posturepeudic site for an expanding pregnant woman, I lay down smack in the middle of the walkway from the kitchen to the living room, in the supine position, squishing my Vena Cava, and likely restricting blood flow to my baby girl.

My oldest, who was finishing up his schoolwork, proceeded to ask me some questions to check his understanding of the various types of sentences. In my poor attempt to answer him, I fell asleep mid-sentence and uttered a few jumbled words before halting altogether.

That is when I began feeling like the most loved mother in the world...

Matthew compassionately stated, "Oh Mommy, you need a nap. Let's go find you a comfortable bed." He gently took my hand and helped me to my feet, leading me to the pallet my 2nd son had made for his boat (he was playing creatively by himself and his stuffed animals). I lay down there and Matthew covered every square inch of me (except my head), making sure not even a toe lay exposed to the drafty air. He even brought me two pillows to "prop up my head".

About the time that I got real comfy cozy, David came in and said, "That is my bed." Lovely. I didn't take the time to teach a character lesson about serving others, compassion, etc. Rather I raised up my tired body one last time, walked an extra 15 feet into my bedroom, and collapsed on my bed.

My sweet Matthew covered me up once again and assured me he would go and finish all his schoolwork while I took a nap. David saw that I was in the bed and assumed that I was playing with him. Asking me, "Mommy, what is your name going to be?" Matthew replied instead of me, and notified David that "Mommy is not playing. She REALLY needs a nap."

"Oh," David said, understanding the gravity of Matthew's observation, warning, and doctor's order. Leaving the room, both boys shut the door and left me to sleep in peace. David played independently while Matthew completed all of his schoolwork, scoring 100 % on two of three lessons (90% on the other), plus finishing two projects.

I woke up 1.5 hours later refreshed and feeling like a new woman! To top off all that, my youngest told me when he needed to go to the bathroom and actually went #2 on the big potty! He is still in diapers now and I'm not formally training him yet (likely soon), but boy did that make my day even more!

So, today I am feeling like the most loved mother in the world. When I tucked in my two big boys at bedtime I let them know how loved they made me feel today. My oldest assured me, "But Mommy, you ARE the most loved mommy in the world!" That was the icing on my cake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment