TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Tuesday, August 11, 2009

His Presence Follow...A poem I wrote about following God's footsteps...

His Presence Follow

By: Shannon Cochran, 04.13.03

Eeenie, Meenie,Miny, Mo...Lord please show me which way to go...

Help me follow where you go...Your way for me, Lord, please show...

The Lord will never direct my steps in a way or to a place that is not aligned

with his Word, the Bible. As long as I seek his face and wait for his direction

and timing, I will be under his protection and direction. Lord, help me to listen

to and follow you.

You are the Truth, You are the Way[1],

You want to fellowship with me each day.

If You’re not present where I go[2],

I will stay put, Your presence show.

Cloud of mercy, be my Guide[3].

In the shadow of your wings I’ll hide.

If you lift off, I will follow too.

Even in darkness I will trust in You.

To green pastures, You always lead[4]

Grace and mercy, Your goodness speed[5].

Restore my soul[6], Renew my mind[7]

So I can see You, Lord, make me blind[8].


Though darkness closes in on me,

This world’s prince has no hold on Thee[9].

Satan lurks; he wants to devour.[10]

Your Name protects me in its power[11].



[1] John 14:6

[2] Exodus 33:15

[3] Exodus 13:21-22

[4] Psalm 23:2

[5] Psalm 145:9

[6] Psalm 23:3

[7] Romans 12:2

[8] John 9:38-41

[9] John 14:30

[10] 1 Peter 5:8

[11] John 17:11,12

No comments:

Post a Comment