TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Saturday, August 8, 2009

How quickly time flies...

"Do I have a blog?" I was asked the other day...Well...I have one, but so much "life" has happened since I began it that I haven't written in 9 months! Funny how that works out. I can easily feel so defeated by ALL the things that I would like to accomplish when I compare them with what I actually complete.

What I would LIKE to accomplish:
1) Perfectly clean and organize our home...
2) Edit every digital picture and have all pics in one place...
3) Keep all my scrapbooks updated and never get "behind"...
4) Keep in touch with all my friends and family via e-mail (also sharing pics with them)...
5) Daily exercise, quiet time with the Lord, and journaling/blogging time...
6) Special bonding time with each of my children and husband every day...
7) Budget in my book writing time on a regular basis...

What I ACTUALLY do:
1) The home "basics", lots of laundry, straighten up, and delegate to my kids...
2) Work on editing pics when I can but I'm WAAAAYYY behind IMO...
3) Starting 2009 Family Album...need to catch up on 2006-2008, update Christmas album, and some other scrapbook projects as well...
4) Write myself "Follow Up" action notes and VERY SLOWLY send reply e-mails and thank-you notes...
5) Sporadically do these right now...zig and zag...cycle on and cycle off...
6) Really working on this one...and "die to myself" on the things I want to do...ALWAYS GLAD I SPENT THE TIME WHEN I DO...
7) Haven't written in 9 months but hopeful to pick back up when school starts...not beating myself up over this...but trusting God to direct my steps and inspire me...learning the lessons He has for me along the way...

So, how do I reconcile the frustration and disappointment I could feel when I compare what I would like to accomplish with what I actually do?

1) Pray to God and express my desires and frustrations. I feel better instantly even though my circumstances remain the same.  I have peace in the midst of them and know He understands, is with me, and will direct me in HIS WAY and timing.
2) ASK God to show me HIS "next step" for me...not what I think my next step should be.
3) Write myself notes so I can declutter my mind and file away my project and desires in my "To Do" file. I can revisit them when I have time! :)
4) Spend time with people and the people I love!
5) PRAY.
6) Be thankful.
7) Sing a joyful song to the Lord...laugh...get a good night's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment