TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, January 21, 2010

A F.L.U.I.D.S. Day

It just dawned on me that today has been a FLUIDS day What is that?  It started (and continued) with many different types of FLUIDS...

  1. Mucousy + orange juice FLUID on my bedroom carpet...
  2. A certain little girl's FLUID (snotty) nose...
  3. Another episode of "co-ick" (carsick) FLUID in the ESSENTIAL yogurt container on the way to CBS...
  4. Erupting diaper FLUID in a certain little girl's first outfit (and on her sock)...and
  5. A sterile, yellowish FLUID on the bathroom floor when a certain little girl's diaper was removed before bathtime...and
  6. FLUID tears from a certain (tired) little girl who "cried a river" while Mommy and Daddy at a candlelight dinner together in my messy kitchen (w/ 3rd son on my lap!).
 As I bathed the little ones I thought about my wonderful day.  Yes, there were PLENTY of FLUIDS to deal with...but they didn't steal my JOY.  There were PLENTY of trials, but they did not immobilize, incapacitate, or defeat me.  There were PLENTY of "fiery darts" as I like to call them--one of those days where I felt like Satan was just out to get me, trying to break me down--but my PEACE was not moved because it rests on the Rock.

Pondering the PLENTY of FLUIDS of this day while washing my little ones in more FLUID (thankfully just H2O, I hope), I realized that these FLUIDS don't run or rule me.  Thanks to Jesus and His sacrifice of FLUID (blood) shed on the cross to pay for my sin, I have a new master...not the master of sin and self...but the Lord Himself lives in me.  His Spirit fills my heart and guides my life and my steps.

With the knowledge of His presence and Spirit guiding me, I will call today a F.L.U.I.D.S. day.

Fully
Living
Under the
Inspiration of the
Divine
Spirit of the Lord

You see, if I spent my day griping at, complaining about, being rocked by ALL the FLUIDS I experienced, I would not be fully living under the inspiration of the divine Spirit of the Lord.  I would have been running my day all by myself, following my own way, and operating in my own strength.  However, when I consciously and consistently made the choice to have a FLUIDS day and walk in step with the Lord's Spirit...well, I still had all those FLUID trials BUT...

  1. I thanked the Lord I had EXACTLY what I needed each time I had to deal w/ the FLUIDS ...wipes, yogurt container, diapers, an extra outfit, cleanser, etc.
  2. God gave me two unexpected opportunities to witness to others while I was out (my new friend in the produce department at the grocery store and the clerk at Tuesday Morning).
  3. My third son helped Mama put away groceries and we had a lunch date together in my kitchen where he proceeded to tell me all the colors he could see on objects around us.
  4. I got to talk to my sweet Mama on the phone tonight and we told some funny stories and laughed together.
  5. My big boys took out my trash for me and noticed my new bath rugs (to replace my rotten latex bottom ones).
  6. My husband is waiting for me to watch our show with him!  
 So, I'll conclude with Galatians 5:25, "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."   and have a FLUIDS day each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment