TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Friday, January 29, 2010

I is for Interested in Learning

I is for Interested in Learning

My parents often told me as I was growing up, "God gave you a mind, use it!"  Now I can surely understand the value of using the noodle since I am a parent!  While it is no doubt a tiresome job training my children how to use their minds, it is nonetheless rewarding as the lights go on and they "get it!" 

We are celebrating my David this week.  Today's character quality that I see in him is a love for Learning.  While his first, fleshly attitude toward new things is often fear, his new nature in Christ helps him to take a risk, open his mind, and try to Learn something new.  From basic things such as making his bed, frying an egg, and tying his shoes, to the 3R's in school, riding a bike, or Learning to ski, David is Learning new things all the time.

Some of these new concepts come easily to him while others challenge his character, refining his attitudes, outlook, and actions along the way.  In fact, I would submit to you that his interest in Learning IS the process.  Learning is greatly about faith, setting down one's fears/uncertainties, humbling oneself enough to be taught, and quieting oneself long enough to comprehend something new.

Learning involves LISTENING as Proverbs 1:5 so wisely says, "5 let the wise listen and add to their Learning, and let the discerning get guidance-"

Learning can be sound or faulty--consider the source from which you glean!  God's Word says in Proverbs 4:2, "I give you sound Learning, so do not forsake my teaching."  Learn God's timeless Word.


Learning keeps on Learning --"Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his Learning."  Proverbs 9:9

Learning is a gift from God--"To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and Learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds."  Daniel 1:17

Our David is not afraid to ask the question, "Why?"  He is humble enough to say, "I don't understand."  God gives him the patience to listen (sometime with reminders) so he can Learn something new.  When genuine Learning takes place in him, it is as good as gold and you can take it to the bank.  David grows in God confidence when he has truly Learned something new and applies his understanding.

Oh Lord, my God, I pray that you will fan the flame of love of Learning in David.  May you ignite a desire in his inmost parts to seek out and search for, to hunger and thirst for, to grow in, to add to, to increase in the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of you, your ways, your character, your word, and your good plan for his life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment