TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Morning Surprise...

I love Saturday mornings because they are my only day of the week that I get to sleep inGranted, sleeping in takes on a new meaning in the phase of motherhood, but...

My little girl called for "Ma-Ma" to nurse her at 6:30 AM.  She is a quick one--5 minutes to 10 minutes TOPS to get the job done.  That's good news because I hope I'm not raising an idle woman!  :)  Then Mama had to "plunge plunge" her nose--poor baby but she needed it and it is what is best for her.  Next, I gave her a new Pamper, which she was ever so grateful for (big wrinkled nose smile) because she likes to be a dry girl.  Finally, I swaddled my little girl (I love that she still likes to be swaddled!), put her on her tummy, and WE went back to bed.

Aaaah.  I love my comfy bed.  I was "lights out" as soon as I laid back down...and the next think I knew...the door was knocking--or at least my third little son was knocking at my bedroom door...and it was 9:00 AM!  Yes, as a mother of four, I would happily consider THAT sleeping in!

Samuel and Daddy were out the door before I could roll out of bed.  I didn't take THAT long!  When I entered the kitchen two of my favorite men (that would be Daddy and Samuel) were sitting at our kitchen table eating cereal.  Aw.  What a good Dad to feed his little son!  I proceeded to pour my own "WHOPPING bowl of cereal" as Daddy calls it and join them for breakfast.


Minutes later Daddy took it upon himself to make the family some of his " mean breakfast tacos" as Mommy calls them.  With little assistance needed (as in quantity of eggs to make - 14 so we can have them again tomorrow, How much milk to add?, and Where are my extra tortillas?), Daddy cooked up a stellar batch of breakfast tacos.  

He seasoned them perfectly.  They had the usual S&P, the essential garlic powder, the enhancing minced onions, and the hair-raising jalapeno peppers.  Of course they were topped with freshly grated mozzarella cheese, because "Everything tastes better with cheese," right?  He filled our tortillas, topped them with salsa, and served us breakfast.


THAT was my morning surprise!  It was a super one, I might add!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment