TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of My Favorite Ways to Spend Time...

Do you know one of my favorite ways 
to spend my time?  
Thursdays...
Thursdays, you ask?  Yes!  My kids and I "work" for Thursdays.  As a homeschool Mom it is my responsibility to ensure that I am prioritizing my kiddos' education.  In fact, Thursdays are so important to us that we offload schoolwork from Thursdays' load to M, T, W, and F so that we will be able to go to Bible study.  The deal is this: if we want to go to Community Bible Study--CBS--(and we do!) then we will get our schoolwork and CBS lessons done before Thursday at 9:30 am. 

You should see my boys.  They finish their lessons and prepare their backpacks to leave the night before CBS.  They ask me to wake them up early (and are now setting an alarm) so they can finish their schoolwork before CBS.  They help get their little siblings ready in any way possible (may it be feeding them, (un)dressing them, fixing hair, filling sippy cups, carrying bags to the car, and buckling the little ones in their carseats) and give me PLENTY of heads-up time warnings so we won't be late!

Today I was blessed when I walked in the kitchen and my 2nd son was serving his little brother oatmeal that he had taken upon himself to make warning him, "Be careful, Samuel, it might be hot."  I praise the Lord for these children!

Thursdays my kids and I are so blessed to get to study the Bible with others!  We get to go to Community Bible Study (CBS) from 10-12noon.  This is a non-denominational, distinctly Christian, and exclusively Bible teaching ministry.  It is a four-part study that begins with personal study over the course of the week, group discussion of what we learned through Discussion Leader facilitated Q&A, a brief summary talk by our Teaching Director, and a conclusive commentary on the Bible passages at-hand.

My children each have a class to attend, too.  The big boys have their own lessons to complete that cover the same passages as mine.  What a JOY it is to watch them learn and grow as they study God's Word.  I will have to share some of the discussions and insights they glean in later posts!  My third son learns in a pre-school class while my baby gets loved and cared for in the nursery.

Thursdays commence to a wonderful afternoon of lunch and fellowship with two of my favorite people: my mother-in-love and Gram.  Thursdays are so special to me as I get to take time off from my daily hard work of managing my home and spend time with these precious women and "mothers" to me. 

Today we enjoyed the company of a new friend from CBS who was recently widowed.  I love it when I meet someone and can connect with them as if I've known them for years.  I have noticed that this connection happens most commonly among believers in Christ whom have taken the time to know Him from His Word and sink down deep roots into Him.

This Thursday we sat by the fire and opened God's Word, the Bible, together.  We read timeless truths.  We discussed characters and stories.  We were in the presence of the Lord and strengthened by the bond of love, truth, and Godly friendship.  THANK YOU, LORD, for THURSDAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment