TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The K's of a FruitLESS and FruitFULL Marriage

Kk

Reminder: These ABC's of a FruitLESS or FruitFULL marriage are intended to be fun and though-provoking not "gospel" or absolute.  I think they are useful for providing visible contrasts in our behavior and can help spotlight areas that we are doing well in (or need improvement in) our marriages.

K is for KITE-FLYING     the action of being out “flying a kite” (i.e., busying oneself with other activities) instead of being present at home when one’s spouse returns home from work

K is for KISSING     the affectionate display of one’s love for one’s spouse through the locking of lips; smooching

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, this one steps on my toes!
When I go out, a kite-flying I go...
Optimistic.
Not realistic.
Can't keep the time, one of my woes!


I'm convinced that there is a VERY GOOD reason why Titus 2 teaches women to BE BUSY AT HOME.  You see, what I've figured out is that two things tend to happen when I'm out:  
1) I spend too much $$$ and 2) "Home" doesn't happen.  It is true that my predicted ETAs (Estimated Times of Arrival) are almost NEVER accurate.  To be quite honest, my poor sweet husband usually has to AT LEAST DOUBLE my ETAs to get a rough idea of when I'll be back home.


 3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
Titus 2:3-5
Reminder to myself: Breathe.  Work in progress.  Work in P R O G R E S S.  :) 

As a homeschool mom, I find myself AVOIDING "outings" if possible.  They are difficult to accomplish for one.  They are hard to "fit in" to the schedule, two.  They so easily ROB US of quality relational and educational time at home, three.  They generally cost too much in the way of time and money, but also in respect to the incredible teaching/training opportunities that exist right in my own home.  

Now, I do have to go on these "outings" that affect my life in all the ways listed above.  How else are we going to eat?  Most of my trips out are for grocery shopping--they are not pleasure runs usually.  Thank the Lord for online shopping, which really saves me time if I do need to purchase clothes, shoes, gifts, or other household items. 

Here are a few rules of thumb that I try to apply before I go on an "outing".

1) Consolodate my errands to one big "outing" instead of popping out multiple times a week for them.
2) Plan my route before leaving so I can wisely and efficiently trek out and back without pop-corning around.
3) Make a list.  Know what I need to buy before I go out so I end up with what we NEED when I return home.
4) Set up expectations for my children before we go so they will know what we're doing (roughly), how they are to behave (quiet, walking, staying behind me, DO NOT GO IN THE CLOTHING RACKS!!!, etc.), and what actions are required of them (helping retrieve items, loading/unloading, holding siblings hands, etc.).
5) Plan to eat leftovers or have my dinner mostly prepared before I leave--when I return it will be crazy and I'll be tired.
6) Set a drop-dead leaving time so I can be on track to get home for my husband.  (Oh how I wish I were perfect at this, but friends, I am so not.  See reminder to myself--yes, I'm talking to myself (again).  :)

7) Reminder to myself: Breathe.  Work in progress.  Work in P R O G R E S S.  :)  

So what about that other Kk thing--the K is for Kissing thing?  Well, I just need lots and lots of those as they are very reassuring!  :)  When I budget my time well, I tend to get lots of them!  :) There are only 24 hours in a day--each of us has the same amount of time to spend--the question remains: How will I spend my 24?  

Roses are red, 
Violets are blue,
Kite-flying competes
With KISSING you!


For me, my home management trouble tends to happen when I go out.  My wise old man (that would be my Daddy) says, "A problem well stated is a problem half solved."   So there...I've stated it.  I have a problem with Kite-flying!  Pray for me, friends.  


Lord, help me obey; 
To follow you in every way.  
To discipline myself and my precious 24
--each day is a gift, You have so much in store!  
Help me to balance my day 
In the most excellent way 
So that I won't be missing any of that 
K is for Kissing!  Amen.

Reminder to myself: Breathe.  Work in progress.  Work in P R O G R E S S.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment