TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Mama’s Prayer of Psalm 92:4-5


This day, February 24th, last year (2009) was my final day of pregnancy with Miss Rachel Lee Cochran!  It was a blessing to remember what took place a year ago and to celebrate a joyous occasion in our lives with my parents.  They came into town Sunday and left today. We enjoyed a sweet visit and an early Birthday celebration for our little girl. :)

Here is a poem I wrote in anticipation of Rachel's birth called: A Mama's Prayer of Psalm 92:4-5. This was the verse I meditated on while in labor with Rachel. Hopefully sometime I can share some of God's blessings to us that occurred during the 10 extra days past Rachel's "due date" that we W A I T E D for her to arrive!

A Mama’s Prayer of Psalm 92:4-5
By: Shannon Lee, 2.17.09

I have been studying the Gospel of John. How timely a study for my preparation to give birth to our little girl! God has instructed my heart through both this study and my “waiting” time to discover more about God’s divine “kairos” time, His ever-presence as my Good Shepherd, His constant, loving provision for my every need, Hor all tasks and trials at all tiis genuine “High Priest who understands” understanding of my suffering, and true dependence upon Him fmes. For His presence and provision to His timing and teaching of my heart—praise the Lord!

You make me glad by your deeds, O Lord.
You follow the Father’s time, plan, and word.
I sing for JOY at the works of your hands,
As I navigate through your most marvelous plans.

How great are your works, O Lord.
You speak to my heart though your Spirit’s sword.
How profound are your thoughts, my God, my King,
For you have thought of everything!

You have taught me to want Divine “kairos” time,
Not what calendar or clock could ever define.
For although ANY time may seem right to me,
Your time will bring you all the praise and glory.

My good, Good Shepherd, how you care for me!
You’ve never left me alone to face this uncertainty.
No, a loving look, word, or act you have provided all along.
My lips can’t help but praise you in joyful song!

So I bow and thank you for being near to me.
How comforting to know you understand my suffering!
Although this cup is my “trial” and my own,
I know you’re present with me—I am not alone!

So Lord I thank you and now I’ll ask,
Please strengthen and guide me through this task.
Help my body release Rachel into your created world,
And bless my friends and loved ones, me, and my baby girl.

AMEN.




I look forward to picking back up on the ABC's of a FruitFULL and FruitLESS marriage soon. Our next letter is Ll is for Lying and Laughing.  






Silly Samuel being, well...PREGNANT!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment