TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, March 22, 2010

The L's of a FruitLESS and FruitFULL Marriage, Part II

Some Truths about Truth:

A good, old honest answer is as good as a good, old kiss!  Moreover, truth brings lasting joy and peace--it is even ETERNAL!

Since Jesus is God and Jesus is the Truth, God desires us to be cleansed and purified by the truth.  We find the truth in Jesus alone.  When we receive God's forgiveness that He offered through His One and Only Son, Jesus, who died on the cross to pay for our sins and allow Jesus to become our "boss" (like I tell my 2 year-old), not only do we KNOW FOR SURE that we will get to spend eternity in heaven with the Lord, but we also become LIKE NEW!  We are NEW CREATIONS IN CHRIST--our old, dirty rags have been exchanged for true riches IN CHRIST JESUS--Our hearts are sealed with the "good deposit", that is the Holy Spirit (presence of Jesus living INSIDE us) who counsels, guides, convicts, and illuminates the truth for us.  Our old (sinful) nature has been crucified with Jesus and our new nature (Spirit) has a new aim, focus, mission, and purpose--to stop living that fruitless life of sin, which leads to death, and to live instead the abundant, joy-filled life IN CHRIST that glorifies the Lord.   We get to GROW in the knowledge of the truth as we learn more about Jesus through reading/studying the Bible. 

Note: Life by the Spirit can only happen once we have BELIEVED Jesus--if you have not believed Jesus you do not have His Spirit inside you.  

Now, I just encourage you to read through the following truths about truths.  Soak it in.  I challenge you to sit in scary stillness of silence My kids and I practice this from time to time...believe me...we can barely last 60  or worse, 30 seconds without breaking it...WARNING: If you stop moving...you may encounter God.  

Open your heart and mind to the TRUTH...the TRUTH about the TRUTH...and let the Lord speak to you...

Honesty is as Good as a Kiss:
 26 "An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips." Proverbs 24:26

Truth is Eternal and Brings joy and Peace: 

 18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.19 TRUTHful lips endure forever, but a Lying tongue lasts only a moment. 20 There is deceit in the hearts of those who plot evil, but JOY for those who promote peace." Proverbs 12:18-20

God Desires for Us to be Cleansed by His Truth:   
5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.6 Surely you desire TRUTHin the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:5-7
If We've Received God's Truth, STOP SINNING: 
 25"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. 26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the TRUTH, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." Hebrews 10:25-27
The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, GUIDES us in the P R O C E S S of obeying God's Truth!

The Way of Truth is a CHOICE:
 29 "Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law.30 I have chosen the way of TRUTH; I have set my heart on your laws. 31 I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame." Psalm 119:29-31
The Way of Love is Truth:
6"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the TRUTH."
1 Corinthians 13:6
So...Obey God's Truth by Loving Others Deeply from the Heart:
21"Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the TRUTH so that you have sincere Love for your brothers, Love one another deeply, from the heart.[a] 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."  1 Peter 1:21-23
Love is a VERB...Love with Action!
17"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the Love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not Love with words or tongue but with actions and in TRUTH. 19This then is how we know that we belong to the TRUTH, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence" 1 John 3:17-19
 God Shows, Teaches, and Guides us According to His Truth:
 4 "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your TRUTH and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

 God is Near to and Satisfies those who Call on Him in His Truth
 17 "The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. 18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in TRUTH. 19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; He hears their cry and saves them." Psalm 145:17-19

Truth-lovers Test everything against God's Word for Verification
17"If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of TRUTH; there is nothing false about him. 19Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?" John 7:17-19 
  The Truth FREES US; Obey and Follow Jesus
31"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH will set you free." John 8:31-32
 Continue in the Truth: Bring JOY to Fellow, Faithful Truth-lovers:
 2"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3It gave me great JOY to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the TRUTH and how you continue to walk in the TRUTH. 4I have no greater JOY than to hear that my children are walking in the TRUTH." 3 John 1:2-4

The Law of the Harvest: 

We REAP what we SOW!


  •  7"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Galatians 6:7
  •  27 "If a man digs a pit, he will fall into it; if a man rolls a stone, it will roll back on him.28 A Lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin." Proverbs 26:27-2
  •  17 "A kind man benefits himself, but a cruel man brings trouble on himself. 18 The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.19 The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death." Proverbs 11:17-19
  • 12 "You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing upon us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us, yet we have not sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your TRUTH. 14 The LORD did not hesitate to bring the disaster upon us, for the LORD our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him." Daniel 9:12-14
God is the RESTORER. He is the ONLY one who can redeem what has been lost, stolen, ruined, taken, misused, abused, damaged, rejected, broken, warped, injured, insulted, wounded, forsaken, betrayed, disappointed, neglected, or anything else in your life.  WHILE we were STILL sinners, CHRIST died for us.  

Now THAT is love and that is the TRUTH. Believe and Receive Him.  
Allow Jesus to RESTORE you!


Jesus is the starting line.  He is the finish line.  All the healing from the lies we have believed is found IN JESUS CHRIST.  He is the TRUTH.  Bring your "stuff" to the Light and you will be FREE--indeed.  The RESTORATION work in your life, your marriage, your  family, your home, your relationships, etc. will follow...inside (heart), out (life).  I know this is true because I have believed in Jesus.  I brought my "stuff" to Him and I still "bring it!" He continues today RESTORING my life...IN CHRIST.  
Friends, HEALING is in the REVEALING.


Closing Prayer (Ephesians 3:14-21):

Dear Father, 

I pray for my friends and family as the apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesians...

A Prayer for the Ephesians
 14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in Love , 18may have power , together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the Love of Christ, 19and to know this Love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment