TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The L's of a FruitLESS and FruitFULL Marriage, Part IV

Far from God... Unclean...Sinful...Impure...
Double-minded...PROUD...

...THE TURNING POINT...

8"Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughterto mourning and your JOYto gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:8-10

...Draw NEAR to God...Confess your Sin...Reveal your "Dirt" to Purify your heart...Expose your "stuff"...Feel sorry for it...Show Remorse...Cry it all out to God...Hate your sin and revel in it no more...
HUMBLE yourself before the Lord...

AND HE WILL LIFT YOU UP...And Clothe you with Joy!

How do I know this?  I know this JOY because I know Jesus--He humbled me when I was caught in my sin.  I confessed my sin to Him like King David did in Psalm 51.  He cleansed me and changed me.  The Lord continues to change me as I look to His Word (the Bible) and put into practice (obedience) what I hear, learn, receive, and see in Jesus.  That, my friends, is why I can laugh with such JOY --the JOY of the Lord is my strength!  Praise Him!
 30 "A cheerful look brings JOY to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

 22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

 13 "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:13


 15 "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart
has a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can Laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:25


 1 "When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. 2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of JOY. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." 3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY." Psalm 126:1-3

So there you have it, my friends.  The journey from fruitLESS lying to fruitFULL Laughing describes very well my own personal journey in the Lord.  As I said previously, marriage has been a very effective tool God has used in my life to light up the way of truth for me.  We pondered how marriage is like a mirror because our husbands see us in the most 'up close and personal' way--probably more than any other human relationship we have.

Consequently, I would submit to you that if marriage is like a mirror many times the relationship we have with our spouses, whom we can see, reflects an even greater relationship--our relationship with the Lord.  In other words, marriage is like a training complex or practice field for cultivating a vibrant relationship with God, whom we cannot physically see.  

Furthermore, I believe that honesty, openness, and truth -telling is the foundation of a relationship.  How can we have a relationship with anyone--human or with the Lord--if there is not first the foundation of trust?  That is why FAITH is so important.  To become a believer in Christ we must FIRST believe--have faith (not sight)--in Jesus.  We cannot LIE about having faith--we either BELIEVE or we don't.  Likewise in our marriages, we either trust or we don't.  We either tell the truth or we lie...

For me personally, the MORE I practice telling the truth and being open with my husband, the greater our marriage becomes.  We draw closer to each other.  Not surprisingly, as Matt and I grow more intimate with each other, we BOTH grow in our intimacy with the Lord.  It is beautiful thing...really.  So, remember tonight and forever that

the TRUTH SAVES, the TRUTH FREES, and the TRUTH is "True Love"...so take your pick...

There is just something about telling the truth that allows the soul and spirit to rejoice...and Laugh ...and heal...and trust...and show...and tell...

For HE (JESUS) has clothed me with JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment