TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Treasure Store bears my Heart in There

Zero score and seven years ago, the Lord opened my eyes. He used a special friend of mine to descale and unveil them. You see, I thought nothing unusual of waking up at 6:00 in the morning with a verse of poetry flowing off my tongue, in search for the nearest scrap of paper lying around.  Reaching for a pen, a poem would bleed from my heart, mind, and lips onto paper. Conveniently, the words tended to rhyme, although not always. 

This occurrence lasted for about a month before my poetry, "Aha!" moment awakened me. During this time in my life God put the friend who "descaled" me on my heart. Personal trials in her life led me to minister to her in a few ways; namely, through prayer, meeting physical needs (like buying her some groceries), and listening. 

During one of our visits I brought some poems I had scratched out. Reading them, my friend exclaimed, "Shannon, this is a gift!" Emphatically, she urged me, "Write these down and collect them." Heeding her advice, I decided to type them on the computer and saved them to a file. 

By Christmas time that year I self-published a collection of them and gave them to my entire family. My "book" was titled, Poetry Expressions: Straight from My Heart. The Lord also spoke to my heart that year showing me He created me to write for Him. Believe me, the "unveiling" continues. It leaves me speechless, yet I write on.



My Heart is There
By: Shannon Cochran, 05.06.04
I struggled at first to discover the relevance of this book to my own life when I read Malachi.  I wondered, “In what ways do I rob God?”  A couple of weeks later the answers began to flow through my mind.  God does not look at the outward appearance, but at the heart.  I began to look at the various roles he has called me to—child of God, wife, mother, friend.  As I reflected on my actions attitudes in these relationships, it occurred to me that I am to be a living sacrifice for God, holy and pleasing to Him.  It is only when I perform my various roles with right attitudes and actions that I please my Lord.  I make “offerings” to Him all day every day in the various roles that I play.  In order to be pleasing to Him, in everything that I say and do, it is a must that “My Heart is There.”

After reading Malachi,
This is what I want to try.
Whether I’m working or at play,
Where I am my heart must stay.

When I am with God in His Word,
My heart is there, all else is deterred.
My only focus in that hour
Rests on my Lord, Almighty in power.

When bowing before my God and King,
Only on Him my heart is thinking.
No wandering will my heart or mind go,
For His presence envelopes me heart and soul.

When spending time with my husband, my love,
All else grows dim; it is him that I think of.
From the depths of my soul all of me I give,
Body, mind, and spirit—the whole of me is his.

When reading or playing with my boys
My head is there sharing in their joys.
No other task will be greater than they;
When with my children, I’m fully at play.

When I minister to others in need,
Full service to them I will speed.
If they need a hand or just an ear,
By their side I will stay near.



21For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:21 (New International Version)

Where is your treasure? There you will find your heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment