TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Friday, July 16, 2010

Tend their Tender Roots so God's Word can take Root

Tender Roots

By: Shannon Cochran, 08.16.03

I notice a theme from God’s Word:
The impact on the young of who have heard.
From Moses to Samuel, Jesus to Timothy;
In wisdom and stature have grown in Thee!

From infancy these little ones were taught
By faithful mothers who God’s Word sought.
Some who had only three years to teach,
Had faithful sons that to the nations preach!

God’s truth invades a tender heart;
Fortifying the young to be set apart.
Though outside influences constantly invade;
God’s Word protects, young hearts barricade.

From infancy God’s Word can take root,
And forever affect a young tender shoot.
So fathers, mothers, keep on bended knee,
And teach tender ones God’s Word faithfully.

Teach me, Daddy and Mommy...Show me the ropes! Take me by the hand. Guide me. Protect me. Discipline me. Encourage me. Challenge me to help me grow.
I may wreck my life if I'm in the driver's seat!
What are you tending to?

No comments:

Post a Comment