TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, August 30, 2010

Garmented by God's Grace Surprise Course: Dessert

Mississippi Mud Cake
Feasting on God's Grace with you over the past week filled my soul, that is, until I got hungry again. Sometimes it truly amazes me how I can gobble up a gourmet meal to the point of total satisfaction, yet a few hours later those hunger pangs begin again. Really? "How can I possibly feel like eating after what I just devoured?" I muse to myself. So, I pull out the peanut butter and spread myself a snack. Perhaps I check the fridge for another slice of that Peanut Butter pie we dissected in Course 2 of Garmented by God's Grace.

Now allow me to let you in on a little secret. Call it hereditary, but it seems that each member of my family was born with a sweet tooth. While it can be confirmed that direct origins trace to Pop (that would be my dad), longitudinal studies of it have not been conducted in my family. So, for now, suffice it to say what we claim around here, "My dessert compartment is never full." Now I will assume you ate all your dinner before you consume your surprise, dessert course. That is the rule around here, too, because, "Mama says so."

Originally, I intended to title this post: God's Grace Follows me Wherever I Go (and I need it!) based on the inspiration of my many mess-ups at She Speaks...However, the Holy Spirit intrigued me when He illuminated Colossians 1:1-8 for me, so I altered my approach and we enjoyed a Three-course meal called Garmented by God's Grace instead.
God's grace changed my life profoundly. His provision for my soul not only secures my future but overwhelms me with hope for today! His presence in my life comforts and strengthens me and I cling to the deep sense of my Lord's nearness to me moment by minute of each day. As the Psalmist, King David, penned in Psalm 139:5, "You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me." His later rhetorical question proclaims, "7Just as God's presence overshadowed King David, so His closeness envelops me. Therefore, I can boldly extol, "God's grace follows me wherever I go (and I need it!).

Here are some of my mistakes at She Speaks that God's amazing grace covered over. My Daddy in heaven has my back!


  • Departed home w/ uncharged IPhone & defective charger, but God left one for me in NC.

  • Had Pepper spray in my carry-on at airport (oops), but God let me keep the keychain. :)

  • Missed my publisher appointment but God provided another meeting.

  • Spilled my granola at breakfast, but God prompted a nice man, Brandon, to help me clean it up!

  • Left my purse in breakfast room, but God protected it and it was still there when I returned!

  • Attended wrong lecture on prayer but God instructed me on prayer in a different room anyway!

  • Mistook my departure time for 2 hrs. later, but God prompted my chauffeur friend to get me to the airport ASAP (she knew about the heavy traffic and that concerned her). "I will feel better if you plan to eat there instead of stopping for lunch now. Traffic bottlenecks here and I don't want you to be hung up in it!" En route to the airport, my hubby texted me my flight info and I realized my mistake...but God got me to the airport on time!
But God...
Defies man's logic with His wisdom: 1 Corinthians 1:27 "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."
Listens to my cries and pleas: Psalm 66:19 "But God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer."
Loves imperfect people like me: Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Conquers even the power of death: Acts 2:24 "But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him."
Makes lemonade out of lemons:  Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."
Comes to my aid and keeps His promises: Genesis 50:24 "Then Joseph said to his brothers, "I am about to die. But God will surely come to your aid and take you up out of this land to the land he promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.""
Knows my heart: Luke 16:15 "He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."
But God serves my soul the most delectable of desserts, the finest of feasts, the most magnificent of meals. Send me your "but God" delights! "My dessert compartment is never full!"










No comments:

Post a Comment