TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, August 5, 2010

GRACEfull beginnings Always End Well

I missed my publisher appointment. Really? Yes, I REALLY did. From 8:30 AM until 9:30 PM, my She Speaks schedule was, well, SCHEDULED! All day I had in mind that my publisher appointment was at 7:30 PM. Diligently checking my clock during Cec Murphey's "Who Would have Thought" speech, I slipped out of the convention room five minutes before my meeting. Moreover, I had walked the halls previously to locate my meeting room so I would not get lost along the way.

At 7:30 PM I met Carla Williams, the Editorial Director of WinePress. "I knew you would not stand me up," she replied calmly. "What?" I asked in confused surprise. Quickly each of us ran our finger through our schedules to double-check ourselves. Sure enough, I was wrong.

My heart was at rest with the unfortunate situation because I had prayed specifically for the Lord to direct my steps. My initial response of acceptance to the "No answer" I received stemmed from genuine belief that He directed my steps. My poor past choices have taught me to want nothing more than to BE in the CENTER OF HIS WILL for my life. I run smoother that way. Therefore, I had no personal agenda for attending the She Speaks conference.

God clearly made a way for me to attend that conference by answering several, specific prayers. First of all, my hubby supported me through blessing me to go, fully financed my trip, and committed to "Mr. Mom" it with our little ones. My amazing parents and in-laws offered to care for their grandchildren. Everyone's schedule was "available" for that weekend and registration for She Speaks still remained open.

Refreshingly, God's GRACE (His undeserved love for me) proved greater than my mistake. Carla Williams offered to reschedule a meeting with me for 8:00 PM. In the midst of my mess-up, the Lord showed me once again how much He cares for me. That 30-minute waiting time for my rescheduled appointment invited a quiet respite for my soul. I peered down into the lobby for a suitable place to regroup before my meeting. "Ah!" I thought to myself, "I will sit in that quaint, little seat overlooking the fountain and tucked in by the lush foliage." Soothing, instrumental music lullabied behind me. I sat. I closed my eyes. I stilled my heart. I shushed my mind. God's GRACE washed over me in the stillness of that moment, allowing me to begin again.

"Take Two!" At 8:00 PM I met with Carla Williams, although I will say my inaugural publisher meeting turned out to be much more than that! I shared my book idea. I shared my heart, including my testimony. God's grace saved me. Jesus changed me. How can I help but write about it--although "my story" is only a tiny section in my book? I stood up at the end of our 15-minute meeting, but Carla lead in to her grace-filled testimony as well. Thankfulness overwhelmed me as I listened to her share. We stopped to pray together and praised our gracious Lord. Only God's grace can take my mess, her mess, and mankind's mess--and turn it in to ministry. GRACEfull beginnings always end well.

Note:
Many of you have asked me for a follow-up on She Speaks. Thank you for inquiring! I will tell you that my good and gracious Lord answered my specific prayers to show me my "next steps." Matt and I will take the next few weeks to flesh them out and bathe them in prayer. Potential plans to upgrade this blog to a website may ensue. I may begin to send out a monthly E-newsletter sometime this fall. I will continue write for completion of my first "book baby" that, Lord willing, will show up in print, TBA!

Do you want to help me?
1) Pray for me. Pray for the women who will read my message.
2) Share. Share my blog with others who you believe will benefit from it.
3) Send. Send me your feedback. I want to hear your thoughts, suggestions, struggles, and successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment