TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Friday, August 13, 2010

Unscheduled "appointments" Point to Divine, Part 1 of 3

"9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

I already told you the She Speaks conference was well..SCHEDULED! Despite the full agenda, some "unscheduled" appointments from my human perspective occurred.

1) Appointment #1: Workout Rut Temporarily Paved Over by Residence Inn Elliptical Trainer - After nine, solid hours of uninterrupted sleep, my Cathedral bell alarm clock sounded. I read my Bible a little bit and prayed about my fully scheduled day. Quickly I brushed my teeth, pulled back my hair, and threw on my workout clothes. Grabbing a banana to eat on the way, I headed for the fitness room. Nine minutes into my workout and definitely when I thought I may be dying, a  woman climbed on the elliptical trainer next to mine. Immediately, we began chatting together and she told me she was visiting her husband for the weekend. They had been separated for some time and were working at reconciling their relationship. I believe in building bridges, not walls, so her openness provided a segway for me to enter in to her world. The Holy Spirit helped me to see our connection as an opportunity to sow seeds for the Master Gardener (that would be God). Thus, I encouraged her commitment to repair her marriage and shared how the Lord helps me navigate through struggles of my own. I told her that I could not handle ANYTHING without the Lord's help. In fact, sometimes all I can utter is my simple, standard, "laundry room" prayer, "Lord, help NOW!" Twenty-one more minutes passed in a flash thanks to the fruitFULL conversation with my workout buddy. That "appointment," unscheduled from my perspective, pointed to Divine and reminds me to stay in "ready-position" to field what comes my way.

"15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect," 1 Peter 3:15

Lord, help us to be ready to share the hope that we have! Open our hearts, eyes, and ears to see the needs of others around us. Silence us when it is time to listen. Speak your words to us that need to be spoken. Bless the harvest work of our hands for your eternal kingdom and glory. In Jesus' name, Amen!

I'd love to hear about your "appointments" that point to Divine! Schedule to send them my way! :)


Part 1 of 3

1 comment:

  1. Shannon,
    You are such an amazing woman and, it is such a pleasure reading your posts. It is truly inspiring.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete