TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unscheduled "appointments" Point to Divine, Part 2 of 3

2) Appointment #2: Lifting 'em up in the Lobby for the Lord - Day One of She Speaks sent me "home" to my hotel after 10:00 PM. As I entered the lobby I noticed a work-worn woman slumping over in a seat. Moved to compassion, I asked her about her day. She proceeded to unload details of managing three, 40-people plus groups staying there for family reunions. I knew the only way I could help that woman was to pray for her, so I asked for permission to lift her up to the Lord "right now." "Of course you can pray for me!" she announced. About that time her co-worker approached us and I invited him also to pray with us. "I'll just watch," he answered quietly, but reassured me, "I can use all the prayer I can get." I asked for specifics, but he responded, "Just general prayer for Jeff will do." At the Spirit's prompting, I lifted up Ruthie and Jeff in the lobby of Residence Inn.

Following that prayer, my new friend shared her AMAZING story of how Jesus Christ saved her. While she grew up in a devoted, Christian home, my friend chose to stray from Jesus. Of course she found all kinds of things to fill up her days and time, but none of them closed the gap in her heart. One night in a bar, cigarette in one hand and a glass of booze in the other, the Lord caught her attention. He reminded her of a verse in Revelation she had learned long ago:

"4Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. 5Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place." Revelation 2:4-5

My new friend's life changed forever that night. Laying down her glass and smoke, she turned around, headed directly away from that bar, and received the promise of life, hope, and peace from her sweet Jesus. Twenty years later and two weeks ago, I had the privilege to pray with that transformed woman, unexpectedly. Our meeting concluded with additional prayer for her estranged brother who lives far from God right now. If the long arm of the Lord cares enough to speed Iphone cords to His children, then I trust He can handle their concerned prayers for people. After all, people DO last forever. Yet we must choose here and now where we will spend our then and there. Now that unplanned, prayer appointment pointed to Divine in no matter of slowness, but carried the hope of perpetual promise!

"6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—" John 1:12

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Lord, Jesus, we thank you for offering up your life as payment for our sins. We ALL have sin and have strayed from you. We praise you for being a patient parent, not desiring eternal punishment for any of us. We are grateful you made one, clear way to a peaceful eternity--J E S U S. Thank you for securing our RIGHTS. Through you alone, Jesus, we possess the secure right to 1) aaaah...FORGIVENESS, declared, "NOT GUILTY!" by Jesus' blood, a clean, restored heart, 2) Friendship with You beginning now, and 3) Go to heaven when we die. In Jesus name, Amen.

I'd love to hear about your "appointments" that point to Divine! Schedule to send them my way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment