TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Unscheduled "appointments" Point to Divine, Part 3 of 3

3) Appointment #3: United Airways flight #2653 Enlightens Traveler - Solo air travel compares to going "potluck" for a college roommate. You never know who you're going to get. On my flight home from NC, my seat assigment, 8A, landed me next to Nick.

Now, I should tell you that I view jaunts outside of my cozy, little world called "home" as opportunities to connect with other people. I LOVE to hear their stories and experiences, which differ in so many ways. No two people share exactly the same experiences. Their God-given personalities and talents further create a unique spin! Background info varies tremendously as well. For instance, they may or may not know Jesus. They may or may not have grown up in a loving, functional family. Baggage? Why they may have checked theirs good-bye, carried-on, or some comination of both. Of course, I am not referring to suitcases here. The waves of life toss each one of us about, or at least threaten to. Our reactions and responses to these assaults often determine what direction we go. We may choose to let go of, hold on to, or juggle our pain as we fly through life on earth.

Over orange juice, water, coffee, and Zero, Nick and I talked through many topics. I informed him my 5th baby was on the way, so I may have to excuse myself a time or two (I sat by the window). Of course he thought I looked quite young to have that many kiddos, so that led to me sharing my testimony of how Jesus changed my life as a young, 20-year old soon-to-be mother. "Starting young will get five babies born by age 32...it has been a productive 12 years of marriage!" Then we talked insurance, his business, and a subject I knew nothing about before I asked him like 20 questions! He showed me pictures of his wife and dog--the woman he waited till age 37 to marry. His dog was like his child. We discussed friends, fires, and also family life. Spending quite a bit of time talking about the spiritual realm of life, we shared some unexplainable, angel stories that the Lord has used to get our attention or that of others we love.

My flying friend shared his belief that everyone he sits by on his many airplane travels was meant to cross his path. Flowing through that vein I personalized his statement, "So, you believe that we were meant to sit here in these seats on this day and share the conversation we just had." "That's right," Nick replied, "It has been enlightening." He concluded, "Now the weirdest thing would be if I got off this plane and asked the flight attendant who that woman was sitting in 8A on the last flight and she said,"I'm sorry, sir, no one sat on that seat on the last flight."" We laughed, I patted my arm and assured him I was REAL, and then deplaned, each going our separate ways.

Now that "appointment," once again, unplanned by me, pointed to Divine. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see the opportunity to proclaim Christ's transforming power over my life. Nevertheless, our conversation flowed naturally and lacked those awkward, uneasy moments where I question what to say. I prayed in my heart over and over for the Lord to direct our conversation and to give me wisdom. My faithful Lord did just that and according to my traveling buddy's own words, it was "enlightening." Only God can do that!

"12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Dear Lord, we praise you because you never have an accident. You never make mistakes. Your creative and redemptive drama spans all time. You are loving, kind, and true. You desire each of us to say, "Yes!" to You! Forgive us when we call our circumstances "coincidences." Jesus, You are the true light of the world. Please open our eyes, hearts, and minds to see your truth to follow and light our way. In Jesus' name, Amen.

"3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

"21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

I'd love to hear about your "appointments" that point to Divine! Schedule to send them my way! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity GOD gave you to sow eternal seeds! I so appreciate your heart to minister to people and be used by the Holy Spirit.
    In 1988 I met a friendly lady in a public park. She had a 4 yo daughter and I had my 3 yo daughter and 1 yo son in a double stroller.
    We struck up a conversation that eventually blossomed into a friendship and 8 months later she prayed to receive Christ!
    We "adopted" her as Aunt Michelle and have enjoyed a lifelong relationship that has spanned many states. Praise GOD for leading me to THAT park that particular day. His plans for us are always good!
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete