TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cherish Them: a poem "To Love and to Cherish"

Our wedding day: August 15, 1998
"To love and to cherish"
I vowed that to you, my man.
Our children, seeds from you
Are an extension of this plan.

"To love and to cherish"
These little ones, all five
A daily gift and challenge
But it keeps me feeling alive!

"To love and to cherish":
Well, you kids keep me employed.
I work on laundry, dishes, and messes
But, I've got work so I'm overjoyed!

"To love and to cherish":
Well, you keep me on my toes.
"Boo!" you try to scare me
Or ask more "Whys? than Mommy knows.


"To love and to cherish":
Well, the little things touch me most
Surprise hugs, your "Aha!" moments,
"Watch this!" or "I did it!" you boast.

"To love and to cherish":
Grand ideas and understanding you portray.
Big thoughts from little people, I'm amazed.
Perhaps that explains, "Out of the mouth of babes..."

"To love and to cherish":
Not just a helpless, baby blob
Spongelike, learning souls you are
Even little ones can help with a "job."

"To love and to cherish":
Random funnies make you chuckle.
Perhaps I'll stand on my head for you!
I'm gonna rub your noggin w/ my knuckle!

"To love and to cherish":
Your long stories with all the details.
Knowing these, I get to know you
And God who made you, whose love never fails.

"To love and to cherish"
These moments and even more.
Lord, help me savor these little ones
And the joyful life in Jesus you have in store.

Lee Cochran family on saddle of Mt. Redcloud near Lake City, CO June 2010
What do you cherish about your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment