TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, September 13, 2010

Discover Them

Matthew and David sledding down icy driveway, January 2007
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26-27



27 So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.
Like snowflakes, no two children prove exactly alike.
Fashioned by God and for His purposes,
Part of their wonder is discovery.
Who?, How?, Like?, and Dislike? wait to be uncovered.

Sit around my dinner table.
Let me get to know you!
I will ask you questions; see how you will answer.
"Ditto!" to your brother's answer will be disqualified.

Fried eggs beg for your opinions.
"I like fried eggs, " you say.
"But I don't like them too runny."
Served "hardi-soft" your way, my son.

You learn to spell your first word.
Aha! My name must be David "cat" Cochran.
Belly laugh, in stitches,
Oh the wonder of you, our son.

"No, Mommy!" you declare.
My reply, "You are not the boss!"
Corrected, you rejoin our dinner party.
Turns out broccoli is one of your favorites.

"Understand me!" your emotions cry.
That's right. You're wired, "Woman."
While your wires connect that way,
You must not rule or be ruled by them.

New addition, welcome.
We wonder who and how you will be.
What will you like and dislike?
We anticipate you, little blessing.

Lord, we close in prayer.
Open our hearts and eyes to your Designer genius.
Guide us to guide them in your plan.
Who?, How?, Like?, Dislike?--may we discover them.

God has given each of us gifts!

Suggest ways to better discover our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment