TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, September 6, 2010

Edible Cheeks and Fat Legs

Munching on edible cheeks and fat legs describes one of my favorite pastimes. Little people in my world eat it up and so do I! "Can I eat your cheek?" I ask my 18 month old daughter? Her wrinkled up nose, scrunched up shoulders, and giddy laugh confirm my invitation. Then my 3 year old closes in his proximity as if to announce, "It is MY turn!" That little man has NOTHING to worry about. You bet he is next in line! Enjoying these little ones and cherishing their fleeting, toddler days lists itself among my daily priorities. Children are a gift from God and He has blessed me with five of them (last one from our plans due February 2011).

Samuel's "assets" as his Uncle Shaun called his baby fat legs
Sure my little ones wear me out. Sure they challenge my patience and character. Sometimes they make me realize how out of control I am when they defy my authority as MOTHER. But God uses those frail moments to draw me near to His breast. He pulls me close to His heart and says, "Listen to me, my child. I love you. I have good plans for you. I dearly love your babies, too. Incline your ear to my word and allow me to teach you. Hand over your burdens to me, dear one. Remember, I AM THE ONE who holds everything together by my powerful name. You are responsible only for obeying my word."

16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:16-18
Relief exhales my mouth like the gentle whispers of my God and Savior that soothe my soul. Reminders from so many older women that have crossed my path instruct me, "Enjoy them. They grow up so fast." My nest is still full of my children, but I can see the truth of their teaching. Eleven and a half years have darted quickly by. As we discussed at Saturday morning's breakfast, our little Rachel will be like my 8 year old son who stood there washing our dishes when our Matthew (the oldest) leaves home for college. "Cherish them" we will.

Look forward to cherish some of those "cherish them" moments in my next post.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment