TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, September 2, 2010

God's Purposes for My Good

Admittedly, wearing my little travel dress, toting my carry-on bag, and holding my first book proposal in my hand felt awkward. Two enormous grins from two of my favorite people (that would be my sons, Matthew and David) reassured me. Pop and Mimi (my parents) squeezed me tightly, reminding me two things that children want to know from their parents, "We love you and are proud of you." Then I trotted off to the ticket counter, departing my familiar and beloved domestic world for a weekend away for just me. God had opened a way for me to participate in She Speaks.

Fast forward 3 days plus 8 hours later and my familiar and domestic world welcomed me home. Besides the big smooch and tight bear hug from my best friend and soul mate (that would be my awesome hubby, Matt) and the confused smiles of two of my favorite little people (that would be my Samuel and Rachel), I found FOUR, key items sitting on my passenger seat. Reassurance and peace swept over my heart when I saw them. They were like a hug from God that confirmed to me, "I made the way for you to go to She Speaks, my child. I held everything together in your absence, my daughter. Trust me."
1. One pink water bottle
2. One blue water bottle
3. One toille diaper bag complete with spare diapers and REFILLED wipes.
4. One yogurt bucket (in case of carsickness).
Daddy knew JUST what my babies needed. I was so proud of him! He also knew just what Mommy needed..."Do you want to go out for dinner?" So we did. We talked. We laughed. We ate. We talked and laughed more. We listened to each other's stories. We made plans for our future together. We grabbed some mints on the way out. Thankfulness bubbled over in my heart for my awesome husband and my precious, little children. Praise erupted for my Lord, my God who is so good and so good to me. Keen awareness of this truth tied a pretty little bow on my weekend away after my sweet reunion with my family.

"28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

How does God work out your things for your good?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    What a blessing to attend the She Speaks Conference! How precious to see the support of your Hubby and the wonderful send off by your parents.
    Tell me about your book. Did you get some valuable feedback and what is the status now?
    Praying that God will unfold His plan for you and continue to bless you mightily. =)

    ReplyDelete