TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pray for Them

For the first time, my mother told me she prays for me. I was a college freshman at Texas A&M University. While I don't doubt she had prayed for me in the past, at that moment, I KNEW her deep care and concern for me. She concerned herself with enough of me to lift me up to my Father. Those words refreshed my soul. They encouraged my spirit. They renewed my vigor. Those four little words, "I pray for you," were etched on my heart that day and motivate me still.
Now I am a Mommy. God has given me five children that need to hear those same four words, "I pray for you." What an honor and a challenge to pray faithfully for my children. Not a perfect recipe, but a guide, see below for a practical help I received from the church nursery when I dropped off my third little sprout one Sunday morning. God's word IS God's will for us, so we pray His word back to Him concerning our precious children. Not a perfect mother, but "I WANT to pray for you," dear children.
Lord, will you help me to diligently pray for my children? I need your help. Remind me to care and concern myself enough with them to lift them up to You, Heavenly Father. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

How to Pray for Your Children
(Suggestion: Pray one for each month of the year)

1. That they will KNOW Christ as Savior early in life (Psalm 63:1, 11 Timothy 3:15)
2. That they will have a hatred of sin. (Psalm 97:10)
3. That they will be caught when guilty. (Psalm 119:71)
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: Spiritual, Physical, and Emotional (John 17:15)
5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. (Daniel 6:3)
6. That they will respect those in authority over them (Romans 13:1-2)
7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from wrong friends. (Proverbs 1:10; 11-16)
8. They they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. (James 4:7)
11. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and the wrong people cannot find their way to them. (Hosea 2:6)

What verses do you pray for your children? Please share them with me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a precious post! And I see there are several for me to catch up with. =)
    Don't know why they aren't showing up on my dashboard...I am a follower after all!
    Blessings to you as you lift your wonderful children to our Heavenly Father. Prayer is indeed the greatest gift we can give our Loved Ones, followed by unconditional love, grace and discipline.
    I pray that your day is extra special.
    Love and ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete