TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, October 14, 2010

Candid Confessions: Chunking Stockpiled Garbage into the Frio River

Daddy & Mommy, Samuel & Rachel taking a cold dip in the Snake!
Each morning that summer, I set my alarm early and Jesus met me as I studied. He instructed my heart and began to open my eyes to my sin. I learned how to begin chunking some of the stockpiled garbage in my heart and mind into the peaceful Frio River resting before me.

The Lord used my prayer study to begin unearthing weeds from my heart: guilt, deep regret, shame, and a little bit of my pride. He cracked open the door of my heart, revealing my inclination toward “secret sins” that nobody but God and I had to know about. My past promiscuity and sexual sin was no surprise to Him, but I uttered their names as confessions. It seemed that almost every blank I filled in my colorful workbook revealed how these sins burdened my heart.

21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." John 3:21
It took great courage to overcome my pride and answer those questions honestly...and on paper! Yet, I began to taste freedom through bringing my dark deeds to the light. It lured me to keep uncovering “my stuff.” Little by little, candid confession by confession, I began to experience the true freedom that comes through “housecleaning” our hearts.

Matthew & David chunking rocks into the Snake River, WY 2010
Friends, I urge you now to stop “your day.” Sit in silence. Invite the Holy Spirit to take inventory of your heart and mind. Little by little, candid confession by confession, reveal “your stuff” to the Lord. Be honest. Be specific. BREATHE. Thank Him for His forgiveness and taste the freedom that comes from admitting your sin before the only One who can purify you from it.

Dear Jesus, We are burdened, shameful, guilty, and full of regret for our mistakes. Cover us, Lord, with your mercy and grace. Forgive our sin today that we may walk in truth, light, and true freedom. Turn our dampened spirits into joyful ones! Refresh our lives as we release the sin that binds us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment