TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to Eat Huge Elephants

MLCJ rode elephant, Mark Park, Midland '04
Many of you know the Lord opened up the opportunity for me to attend She Speaks 2010. He used it to nudge me from my comfy seat. There, the Lord directly answered my prayers and showed me my "next steps" for the ministry of Today’s Lady Virtue. My husband's listening ear, continued encouragement of my writing, and ongoing financial support confirm the Lord's direction, giving me a "green light" to go for it!

Nevertheless, ever since I left my easy chair, battles rage in my mind. I get fearful. I have doubts. I wonder if anybody reads anything I write. I feel alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm standing out there naked! I wonder, "Am I being too visionary?" I question the timing and I lose my way at times. Sometimes it feels like there is just a HUGE ELEPHANT on my plate. How can I possibly eat that?

When I find myself in that funk (very often!), I remember the words of my Daddies--my earthly one and my Heavenly Father, too. The former reminds me, "When you eat an elephant, you have to start at his toenails." That makes me smile. :) The latter Daddy whispers this to me...

Fearful? Trust my perfect love for you.

Doubtful? Confess, Ask, Believe, find power!

Alone? My Spirit lives in your heart!

Naked? Been there, I understand.

Too visionary? My call not your dream.

Timing and Way? Just go where I’ll show.

Huge Elephant? I specialize in the impossible!

Between reading your comments, Facebook posts, e-mails, and chatting on the phone with some of you...I have reason to believe I’m not the only woman eating elephants! So, let's remember the wise words of my Daddies. Step 1: Start at toenails. Step 2: Cling to time-tested truth. Step 3: Repeat until we’ve eaten the whole elephant.

Dear Lord Jesus, I confess how often fear grips me and doubt tries to disable me. Oh how I thank you that we can bring our feelings, thoughts, and worries to You. I praise you for your higher thoughts and grander ways than ours. Your timing is impeccable and You are Faithful. Help us to trust you. We need to feel your power accomplishing the impossible in and through us as we eat these elephants. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I love these whispers! I'm going to put them in my journal and use them for my own 'funky' days. Where did the concept of eating elephants come from btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, Julie. Love that thought, "Whispers." How do you journal...on paper, the computer, Post-it notes? :) Eating elephants? Hmmm...had to think about that one and asked my hubby if it's a real saying or not. He had not heard it, so I would have to conclude it came from my dad who is full of pithy sayings, etc. As for me, I cannot remember not knowing about earthly life absent of eating elephants. Matt and I joked, "It must be a West TX thing..." I'm from Midland, so many of our "apples" and "oranges" conversations resolve that way. :)

    ReplyDelete