TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, October 28, 2010

Joyful, Thankful for Little Things


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,  for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Seasons Change: My massive clothes project
Help me to choose thankfulness for each and every thing,            
Let me be joyful, thankful for even the smallest blessing!
Bedtime Fun: Daddy tickling the Little Ones

Study Break: Big boys playing in swing

The messiness of earthly life weighs on me,
But it is my choice how to respond.
Will I grumble and complain?
Will I let obstacles steal my joy?

Or will I utter prayers and praise,
To the One who has numbered each of my days?
Will I open my eyes to the little things,
See the beauty of family, children, and swings?
Remember to Rest: Dakota does.

Will I cherish their laughter?
Will I pause to love and be loved?
When I remember to stop and rest
The Lord refeshes me; He knows best.

God reminds me of His promises when I look at the sky.

Rainbow Reminder of God's Promises
Little things surround me, oh my!
So, I'll choose to be joyful, thankful for every little thing.

Joyful, thankful for even the smallest blessing.

Thank you, Lord, for the little things, the smallest of blessings. Will you help us to recognize them in the midst of our busy and messy days? Let us remember to live, laugh, and love. Let us recall your promises to us, oh God above. Refresh us with your rest, for we are weary. Enable us to be joyful, thankful for little things and to see them clearly.
In Jesus' name, Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Praises to HIS GLORIOUS NAME!
    HE is always worthy of our praise and can be counted ALL Joy!
    Thank you for helping me to re-focus my day.
    Blessings Sweet Friend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for the ((HUG)) today! :) It is amazing how the shortest pause to breathe, or remember, or sing to the Lord powerfully changes my perspective in the midst of the messes. Worthy is the Lord to be praised! Glad He helped you re-focus your day through joyful, thankfulness for the little things. :)
    Blessings also to you! P.S. Yeah, thx for your willingness to guest post on TLV! I will let you know when I'm ready to feature guest posts! My website is still in progress.

    ReplyDelete