TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, October 4, 2010

Lacked in Power, Gained through Prayer

Meet our new pup, Dakota.
Somehow, a cute, cuddly, and furry “just like a child” baby has become part of our family. For now, suffice it to say, one week after my husband and I had told our four children we were ready to get them a dog, I found out I was pregnant with #5. After much prayer and many discussions, Matt and I decided it best to honor our word to our children. Now our household has grown by four paws! Let me assure you that great anxiety and negativity about “the dog” threatened to consume me. With great heaviness of heart and fear of adding more responsibility on top of responsibility, I laid out my concern to Jesus, “Lord, it feels full, very, very full. Will you please help me with these adjustments? I need your help to manage everything well.” In my own strength, I unmistakably lacked power.

Can you relate to the demands and responsibilities of life weighing you down, powerless? Do they ever park a dark cloud of doubt and fear on you? Where is hope and help when we need it? Are we alone in these struggles? Is it OK to feel downcast about something or should we be able to meet their demands without stress, anxiety, or interruption? How do we handle the negative “What Ifs?” that run through our minds? Can strength to face these giants in our lives be contended with? May new power and perspective be found?

Hooray for some good news in God’s word concerning our struggles! Whatever we lack in power we can gain through prayer! I will say it again: WHATEVER we lack in power we CAN gain through prayer! I can attest to this because whatever I personally lacked in power regarding the management of our growing family and dog, my Lord Jesus has enabled me to gain through prayer!


6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:6-9

WHEN we feel anxious, we: Lay ALL our worries down on Jesus.
WHEN we give worries to Jesus: We advance THANK HIM for taking care of them.
WHAT we get for giving up our worries: Jesus' peace protects our hearts and minds from anxiety.
WHEN we give Jesus our worries: We exchange burdened mindsets for pure and lovely ones.
WHAT happens when Jesus holds our worries: We experience peace as we follow Jesus’ word and way.

So, what do we do when we lack in power? We lay down our worries on Jesus so we gain peace through prayer! Therefore, I encourage you, friends, to PAWS (I mean, pause) for a moment. Just as I say to Miss Dakota, “Lay down,” so I encourage you to lay down what is troubling you. When heavy feelings of doubt or dread threaten to overtake you, I urge you to take them over to the foot of the cross for help. Stick your worries on Jesus, just as I tell my pup to leave those sticks outside! Praise and thank Jesus for listening to your cares and receive His peace. Then, think about those lovely, pure, and true thoughts and let them trickle out into actions that reflect the same. WHATEVER we lack in power, we CAN gain through prayer.

Lord, we praise and thank you that you know what we need before we ask. We lay down our burdens and cares on you Jesus. We offer you our troubles and thank you that you replace them with YOUR PEACE. Help us to be thankful. Remind us to be prayerful. We are grateful that you protect our hearts and minds from dwelling in negativity. We feel your peace. Thank you for taking what we lack in power so we can gain your peace through prayer! In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment