TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, October 18, 2010

So Why Even Bother?


David's 2008 Strawberry Harvest from our Garden

My last few posts have taken you way back in my life to share seed stories. Today I question, "So why even bother?" Why bother to share last week’s candid confessions? Who cares about my life happenings 20 years ago? My friend, those seeds are part of my story. A baby love for Bible reading and a feeble attempt to figure out how to talk to the God of the Universe earmark part of God's journey for my life. Likewise, poor choices I have made give me opportunity to tell you, firsthand, about the grace and mercy of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Small seeds planted in a heart can develop a fruitful vineyard, so I bother to share them.


Let me ask you, my friend, do you realize that your life, your story, and YOU matter to the Living God? Can you wrap your mind around the lavish love of God that can take your messy life, your dysfunctional childhood, your poor choices, your cynicism, and your deep pain and produce beauty, effectiveness, and ministry? Because we matter to God--we are loved by Him—we do bother to share our stories. Seeds planted in our hearts can develop a fruitful vineyard in our lives and in those whom we touch. We do bother to share our "stuff" because the Lord produces fruitful vineyards by seeds sown through sharing.

One of my favorite Bible verses assures us God can produce a fruitful vineyard through seeds sown in our hearts. From the moment we say, "Yes!" to Jesus, allowing Him to be the boss of our lives, a good work commences within us. This Jesus seed planted within grows to completion over time. Take note that Jesus carries on the “heart” work of cultivation during our stay here on earth. Then we will be ripe and ready for picking at the harvest time of Jesus' return. We are Works in P R O G R E S S (WIPS). Jesus bothers cultivating seeds in our hearts to develop a fruitful vineyard in us; therefore, we care enough for others to sprinkle seeds of change on them, so they, too, may become fruitful.

6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

Dear Lord Jesus, Oh how I thank you for seeds. Thank you for those who shared Jesus seeds with me. Thank you for the opportunities you give me to share them likewise with others. We are WIPS, Lord. Continue bothering with us, carrying on growth and development in our lives, so we can become ripe fruit for the picking, enjoying, and sharing with others. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. TLV pasted Colene Wright Winterton's FB comment here: Loved your blog today! Very encouraging and so so so true! Really spoke to my heart and God is doing that in my life with some situations and friends right now!! Thank you Shannon! You are a blessing!! :)

    ReplyDelete