TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, October 7, 2010

Summer Camp Seeds Still Sprout Growth Today

Flower floating on clear, spring-fed water
Summer camp seeds planted in me as a 12 year-old girl STILL sprout growth in my life. Summer of 1990, I learned at Laity Lodge Youth Camp that Jesus wants to have a relationship with me. I understood that I could cultivate a relationship with Jesus through reading the Bible. A seed planted in me 20 years ago has grown into a thriving plant that continues to grow with the necessary conditions of Sonlight and water from His word, the Bible.

Now, before your mind starts thinking those critical thoughts about Bible-beaters and pious, “perfect” people, hear me out. I am just a woman who has been saved by God’s amazing grace through the blood of Jesus that washed over all my sin. I hope you’ll stay with me and read Today’s Lady Virtue so you can get to know me, my Jesus, and that I can get to know YOU, and how Jesus is working in your life, too! Now that you know I’m just an ordinary gal who serves an extraordinary God, we can move on together!

Sunlight on Emerald waters of Jade Lakes in Wyoming

Jesus met me at summer camp in 1990. Seeds of truth were planted in my heart. Of course, many rocks, weeds, and thorns have threatened harm to these tiny sprouts of new life in my heart, but Jesus has never let me wither away. The more mature I grow, the more water from His word that replenishes me, the more light from His truth that I accept, the more I grow to be like my Jesus. Just as continued growth in a literal garden produces a harvest to feast upon at our dinner table, so continued growth in Jesus produces a harvest of good fruit in our lives. Amazing, but true, seeds planted in my heart 20 years ago STILL sprout life and growth in my life today!



Are you growing, friend? How does your garden grow? Do you see buds or fruit or flowers? Do you see thorns or weeds or bare spots? Do you have something sweet to offer to your family, friends, co-workers, or neighbors? Is a “taste” of you today more delightful than yesterday’s bite? Do you want your tomorrow to dish out a feast even more savory than what you’re serving today? Dear friends, I invite you to feast on some morsel, anything, from God’s word. Just open it and read a few verses or a passage. If you’re unsure where to begin, try opening up the Gospel of John or read a Chapter in Proverbs. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs, so try reading a chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with today’s date. Shoot me a comment, if you took a bite of God’s word! I love to dine in the company of others!

Dear Lord, thank you for giving us your word. I pray we will open it and read it. Your word refreshes our hearts and minds like water revives a thirsty plant. The light of your word illuminates truth for us to follow and makes us grow. Thank you for being our Guiding Light! Will you increase our fruitfulness, Lord? May we grow a little bit more each day as we feast on your Word, Lord, and plant your seeds in our hearts that will continue to sprout 20+ years from now. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Make us flourish, Lord!






























No comments:

Post a Comment