TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, November 8, 2010

Grilled this Weekend...but it's not even Grilling Season.

Matt grilling hotdogs, burgers, & beans
Guadalupe SP, May 2010
Have you ever been bombarded with question after question? Frequent or intense questioning turns up the heat inside you. You may squirm before the next one is asked. You wonder if your answer makes sense. Pressure mounts and you hope that under it you will not cave. You may feel condemned before you even get the chance to testify. In short, you feel like a hot dog on the open fire--just plain roasted.

I had a personal grilling experience on Friday night. My Daddy asked me question after question about my book. He posed  questions from different perspectives...like a single mom desperate to make ends meet or one whose painful life of suffering causes her to doubt God's love. What about the woman in a dysfunctional relationship?

God showed up for the barbecue. He brought side dishes, main dishes, and even dessert. Although the heat turned up, I kept shooting "arrow prayers" to the Lord for wisdom and ready answers. Boy, was I glad I didn't have to do ALL the cooking!

For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

My off-season grilling session was a blessing. Gratitude for my two Daddies filled my heart. My earthly father cared enough about me to ask tough questions. My heavenly father cared enough about me to answer them. He listened to my cries for help and gushed forth streams of truth to fill my heart and mind. They flowed from my mouth and reflected the glorious depths of the knowledge of God. I am in awe that the God of the Universe would listen to and impart a fraction of His complete understanding to a little person like you or me that seeks Him.

Lord, Jesus, Thank you for finishing God's work to save mankind on the cross. Because you died and rose again, anyone who believes in You may also live. We are not alone, even when we're being grilled. Your Spirit dwells INSIDE us. We POSSESS the mind of Christ. All treasures of wisdom are hidden in you, Jesus. You give us access to them through your Spirit who reveals your mysteries that God-rejecters are incapable of understanding. What a gift! In Jesus' name, Amen.  

How do YOU respond when you're being grilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment