TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, November 11, 2010

In the Dark...

Night sky on an at dusk family hike.

Clocks fell back an hour last weekend although it has taken most of a week for mine to show the change. More immediate things have happened as a result of Daylight Savings time ending, however. Is it just me or does darkness make you hungry? When night falls, my tummy rumbles and I'm ready for dinner. At dark I look at the time and see the space between now and bedtime (for the children, that is). Shorter evenings when it applies to light means a longer time until it's time for my daily work to cease. So, the question remains, "What will I do with my extra time...in the dark?"
Our baby girl following her Daddy.

Can you relate? We're nearing an end of many organized sports and activity schedules. Daylight Savings time has ended. We are still moms, many of us with children still at home. A little bit of extra time may be on our hands. At least in my home, little ones wonder the same thing. "What are WE going to do tonight?" their inquisitive eyes ask and sometimes their mouths even utter their hopeful ideas. What WILL we do in the dark?

Today I will share a few of the blessings that I have chosen to receive...in the dark.

Earlier family dinner.
Playtime to spare.
A Clue game w/ Daddy and 2 super sleuth sons.
Animal races and impersonations.
Resting my pregnant back while kids and dog climb on me.
Listening to my children tell me what's on their mind.
LOL, in stitches, hope I can make it to the bathroom...LAUGHTER.
Some spiritual discussions.
The light of Christ that shines truth...even in the dark.
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:5-6
Dear Lord, We have just met another season of change and transition. Why is change so hard for us to bear? Forgive our poor attitudes and ungrateful spirits. Fill us with thankfulness. Remind us that each day is a GIFT from you. Life is but a mist, a vapor here today and gone tomorrow. We lay down our guarantees. Help us to pick up your word of truth. Change our hearts and minds, Lord. Help us to reflect YOUR LIGHT...even in the dark. In Jesus' name, Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. It seems like we have a lot more time too, here's to using it wisely!

    ReplyDelete