TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Strange Heart Condition


You are Prayed For!

A strange thing is happening in my heart. Through more public writing (like this blog, instant connections with countless people over the Internet, and eventually my book), I am experiencing new symptoms. Heart palpitations, welled up eyes, flutters, and fatigue to name a few. You see, the more I to know your stories, successes, and struggles, the more symptomatic I become. Empathy and dare I say love is growing for you. Through you, the Lord is widening my perspectives, and His lavish love for you is taking root in my heart.

When I think of my friends (personal and family, of course), Facebook friends, and the rapidly developing sisterhood of Moms Together...I realize that this time of supposedly "Happy Thanksgiving" does not always FEEL equally pleasant for each one of us. Some of you feel so alone. Many waiver in hope or question your life purpose. I understand now that in many homes, heavy personal struggles (like child-rearing challenges, overburdened workloads, unhappy marriages, dissatisfaction with life, the search for significance, crowded schedules, sickness or disease, bereaved loved ones, etc.) will gather at your dinner table as unwelcomed guests.  

Today I want you to know this: You are prayed for. God's word says in Romans 12:12, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." For my downhearted friends, know you are being prayed for. As I experience these strange heart symptoms, I do pray for you by name. Even more, there is one who ALWAYS  LIVES to intercede for His hurting daughters. Jesus prays for His children, those whom have believed in His name and received Him as their Lord. He is the Faithful One. Pure, holy, blameless and set apart is He. Infinitely capable to meet our heavy needs. This is the One who prays for you.

We exalt You, Jesus, today. For my downcast friends, I join you, Lord, in prayer for them. Keep bringing them to mind those whom need extra lifting. Thank you for my joyful, hopeful friends, too. May our hearts overflow with praise for you and prayer for the afflicted ones. Will you grant us each perseverance and meet the needs of each of our heart conditions. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment