TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, November 18, 2010

Transformed: More than Meets the Eye

David's 1st Transformer, Christmas 2006
I'm a mom of boys (mostly). Exception: One little princess made her way into the birth order as #4. Pardon my post title as it greatly reflects my surrounded by males world. Yet, it effectively communicates what happens to a woman who has been changed (as in TRANSFORMED) by Jesus. An outsider looking in on her may get the wrong idea. Misconceptions may cloud their view of her. They may not know of her painful struggles, poor choices, and bound-up wounds. Perhaps they see her fruitful life, but do not understanding the pruning she received to reap even a small harvest. A tranformed woman reveals the fruit of a P R O C E S S.

Do you ever look at a woman and think, "She's got it all together?" Have you ever compared yourself to that woman and felt inadequate and inferior on the one hand, or jealousy and hatred toward her on the other?

Allow me to share a personal secret with you. I am a transformed woman. Jesus Christ changed my life. The woman you now see in me is NOT the woman I once was. Know what? Days, months, years from now, I hope the same will be true of me. Why? I am a WIP (Work in P R O G R E S S). So, when I share a blog post, comment, or eventually my book with you, know this. A tranformed woman reveals the fruit of a P R O C E S S. The fruit in my life is a result of Christ Jesus' transforming work in my life.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:1-5
Samuel w/ Transformer: More than Meets the Eye!

Don't let Satan fool you. When you see a transformed woman, she did not become that way overnight. She was not born with a rare "perfect" gene. The insights she now shares, organized and prioritized life she now leads, and loving relationships she now enjoys are hard earned. They result from a willing heart, ready to be instructed, disciplined, and guided by the Lord. Her fruitfulness does not come absent of pain, suffering, and pruning. Why? A tranformed woman reveals the fruit of a P R O C E S S.

Are you being transformed? How?

Dear Lord, Jesus, YOU are Thee M.D. (Master Designer). YOU are the Rebuilder and Restorer of our lives. YOUR BLOOD rescues and redeems those who are perishing in our sin. Once we say, "Yes!" to you, You seal us with YOUR Spirit. Let the transformation begin! Grant us willing, teachable hearts. Help us to grow in you. Prune us, Lord. Change us. Make us more like YOU, Jesus. In your name  pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment