TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, November 29, 2010

Truly Thankful...it is Due Time!


Me 9 mos. pregnant w/Rachel, 2/2009
Oh how I savored my Thanksgiving break! I lingered in the moments...loving my family, the feast of food (and leftovers!), and the warmth of my fireplace that "burned for 24 hours" according to my best friend (that would be my husband). I took the opportunity to rest, relax, and rejuvenate. In that non-rushed atmosphere, I found the space and freedom to "just be." When I stop for rest, friends, I realize that the Lord's blessings and presence surround me. I relish IN THE MOMENT...and I am truly thankful.

On a different note, I must share that it is DUE TIME for a life-changing event to occur in my extended family. This week, (and Lord willing, today) my younger brother and his wife will become parents. They're expecting their first baby--a new nephew for Matt and me, and another boy cousin for my kids to enjoy! My sister-in-law's labor will be induced when a delivery room becomes available.

Here's a poem the Lord inspired me to write in 2003. I will share it now as a dedication to my new nephew. Lord, hear my humble prayer for Miles Matthew Moore. We can't wait to meet this precious baby and pray he will be... 

Fashioned for Him

Welcome Baby Miles to earth,
We are looking forward to your birth!
What a gift of God are you (Psalm 127:3),
Fearfully and wonderfully made, that’s true (Psalm 139:14)!

God fashioned your tiny feet and hands (Psalm 139:15),
And ordained for you a lifetime of plans (Psalm 139:16).
We pray you will know Jesus Christ the Lord (Philippians 3:8),
And have an early love for His Word (2 Timothy 3:15).

Fear the Lord, for holy, holy, holy is He (Revelation 4:8),
And Wisdom and Knowledge will be added to thee (Proverbs 9:10).
Taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8).
May you grow up in your salvation as you should (1 Peter 2:2).

Trials and temptations will surely come your way (James 1:2),
But may He give you strength to follow Him and obey (1 Cor. 10:13).
Flee the evil desires of youth (2 Timothy 2:22),
But trust in the Life, the Way, and the Truth (John 14:6).

Let the Father draw you near to His side (John 6:44),
For in the True Vine you should abide (John 15:7).
Let the Good Shepherd lead you by His plan (John 10:10),
No one can ever snatch you from His hand (John 10:28).

May His Spirit inside work His purpose out for you (Philippians 2:13),
And may He accomplish completely the works God set for you (Ephesians 2:10).
Our hope is eternal life in heaven with Him (Titus 1:2),
May you not grow weary or your faith ever dim (Isaiah 40:31)
Rachel Lee Cochran, born 2/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment