TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, December 13, 2010

Interruptions: Plan Interjectors that Divide my Thoughts, Steps, and Speech


My Dad's "Big Zipper" to remove a rare tumor, 2/2007

Interruptions. They intersect my plans. They divide my thoughts. Interposing my conversation or step, these intruders remind me of the greater weaving that is occurring beyond what I personally spin. Some interruptions show me how very small I am when compared to the Weaver. Nevertheless, they reveal how deeply, personally, and intimately I am loved...because He purposed especially to include me in the interruption.

Two weeks ago three of my friends and I were on a waiting list for a Women's Holiday Tea at my church. Four of us hoped for  a space at a table in a "Full" event THE NEXT DAY! To top it off, my heart desired to invite a new friend of mine, too. Five? I didn't know what to do, so I prayed my concerns to my Father in Heaven. Thirty minutes later my phone rang. We were in--party of four!

After a lovely evening...viewing beautiful table designs, chatting with friends old and new, listening to a talented Chorus of singers share their gift and a message of joy through jubilant song, sipping tea and savoring delicacies set on blue and white china, and hearing a message of encouragement through Tammy Maltby...

I made my way to the Ladies' Room. Of course it took me about 15 minutes to get there since my way was "interrupted" by several conversations...I spotted the book table en route and thought to myself, "I will go STRAIGHT there when I leave this restroom or I'll miss my chance to look at the books before it is time to leave." ...As I was writing my check for the books...you guessed it...I was interrupted by a suspected "Faux" reindeer cupcake...

Please join me this Thursday for the 'rest of the story.'
You will meet the reason for my interruption and the answer to my prayer. Indeed, a grander weaving was taking place in spite of what I viewed as a break-in to my plan.
 
Other Posts that Point to...Divine Interruptions:

1. In the Fitness Room
2. In the Hotel Lobby
3. On the Airplane

No comments:

Post a Comment