TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, December 16, 2010

Interruptions: The 'Rest of the Story'


Rachel's 1st B-day cupcakes! 2/25/2010
continued from this post

...When I was interrupted by a suspected "Faux" reindeer cupcake...I turned toward the lady beside me showing off a cute little cupcake...that interrupting cupcake launched us into a conversation that went deep quite fast! I kept shooting up arrow prayers to heaven for wisdom how to respond. My new friend had a heavy heart and began sharing some of her story with me and I wiped her tears. Tammy's message played in the backdrop of my mind.

You see, my God who sees me touched my heart that night through Tammy's presentation. She encouraged us, "Because our God SEES us, we too should SEE others. What better way to SEE  a person than to invite them into our homes and feed them! After demonstrating quick and easy, yet BEAUTIFUL food creations, Tammy urged us, "Start simply, but simply start!" She tippd us off, too. "Ladies, let me give you a little hint. Begin with a single mom. Food to her is GOLD!"

It was time to leave. "What book were you looking to buy?" I quizzed my friend. "The Christmas Kitchen," she replied. My mind searched through possibilities and again I prayed for wisdom. "Would you allow me to purchase that book for you? We don't live close to each other, but would you consider it my first "meal" for a single mom?" She accepted. We exchanged contact info, hugged, and parted ways.

"Wow," I thought over and over as I replayed the story in my head. When I returned home, an urgency filled my heart to e-mail my new friend.
..."It was an honor to meet you tonight! What seemed like a 15 minute hike to the bathroom (laced with stops to visit along the way) and a peek at the book table from my perspective turned out to be much more. Who ever thought a rumor has it, "faux" reindeer cupcake could pack such power of introduction? We connected so quickly...I am coming to realize more that these connections are made by the artistry of our present Lord. You know, the One Who Sees Shannon. The One Who Sees YOU. So, thanks for sharing a bit of your story with me tonight...Enjoy your book...Thanks for blessing me tonight. I saw the Lord who sees me, through my encounter with YOU!...
Friends, my jaw dropped when I opened my Inbox that next day. This is what I found.
"Good morning...I had no idea why the Lord [INTERRUPTED] was getting me started this morning so early and then I opened up your precious letter...Thank you for the book and your words of the Lord. What I have been realizing through my journey this year is that I need the Lord in my daily walk. I had the Lord in my daily life before, but I depended on my ex more than the Lord. Listening to you last night helped me see that and I thank you.Thank you again...for giving me the food of wisdom in your words and in the book by Tammy."
My reply to my new friend was this.
"I left the entire evening and our encounter with amazement at our God who sees US, just as we discussed. The funny thing was, I was on the waiting list for Tuesday night (party of 4). Our entire group got in LAST MINUTE...That leads me to conclude, the Lord wanted me there. He had something far greater than I could ask for or imagine in store. Part of that reason, at least some of what I can see clearly now, is meeting you! I praise Him for that."
Now, let me tell you something even more amazing. I called my new friend to invite her to church the Saturday after we met at the Holiday Tea. She informed me she was already hosting a get-together at her home the next day! She prepared these items from "The Christmas Kitchen": a cream cheese tree with pesto sauce, roasted tomatoes, and broccoli with crackers.  Guacamole with craisins and chips and mulled spiced cider. Ten people showed up for her gathering! Praise our God who SEES us--and interrupts us in the process so we can SEE HIM!
 
In a strange God-shaped way, from my viewpoint, meeting my new friend answered my heart's desire to invite that 5th person to the Holiday Tea. My God DOES SEE ME. He SEES you, too. Do you SEE Him?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment