TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, December 2, 2010

Make Him Some Room

Three times in two years, the Lord has touched my heart through His vision of a mistreated maid named Hagar. She served her mistress, Sarai, wife of Abram. When W A I T I N G on God's promise to bless her old and broken womb with a child whom many nations and kings would come from became too long, Abram and Sarai agreed to help God out. "Aha! We'll conceive Abram's child through Hagar." Hagar represents what happens when we get impatient with God's timing and help Him out a bit. Consequences result, emotions fly, yet the Lord's grander plan cannot be thwarted by our impatience or good intentions to help God accomplish them.

Here's a poem the Lord gave me. It is a spin off the familiar Christmas Song, Do You Hear What I Hear? It spans 14 generations from Abraham to King David, and an additional 28 years from David's reign to Jesus' coming....to...save...us. Let's Make Him some room!

Do you see what I see?
A pregnant maid in her misery.
Do you see what I see?
Mistreated, to the wilderness she flees.

Do you hear what I hear?
The Ever-present Lord in whom we should fear.
Do you hear what I hear?
Trust and Obey, my plan for you is clear.

Do you know what I know?
14 generations later, David's on his throne.
Do you know what I know?
Baby Solomon, Lord's plan still unfolds.

Said Lord's servant to people everywhere,
Listen to what I say,
God sees a virgin full of willingness.
To serve her Holy God, she says, "Yes."
The child, the child
Coming from her womb
Came to save us,
Let's make Him some room.

The child, the child
Coming from her womb
The Savior, make Him some room.

Here are the scriptures I read and referenced to write this poem and post.

How will YOU make room for Jesus this Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon,
    That is lovely and annointed!
    Thanks for sharing...I can't wait to share with my kids this Christmas. Maybe it is so poignant for me because I am very prone to "get ahead" of our LORD. And the consequences of rushing ahead of His purposes are never fun. =(
    Also, there is another Christmas hymn that I have loved that encourages us to make room
    in our hearts for JESUS. Have you heard it?
    It builds on the truth that there was no place for the baby Jesus to lay his head...
    I'll have to look up the title.
    Advent Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts, Jess! I'm not sure which song you're referring to, but please send it when you find it. Prone to "get ahead"...prone to wander (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddVB62H7yM)...prone to _________...that is precisely why we NEED this Jesus to come...for...us. Lord, help us make you room! ((HUGS)) Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete