TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, December 9, 2010

My ChristmasTop Ten

Our kids opening their stockings, Christmas 2009
I could list several "favorites" if you asked me to. My favorites are not limited to a single category, either...Favorite foods...Favorite blogs (seriously, I have 34 in my Google Reader!)...Favorite pastimes...Favorite Bible verses...you get the point. So, to keep in line with one of my FAVORITE seasons of the year (Thanksgiving and Christmas, if it qualifies as a season), and to "steal" some good ideas from other blogs I read, here are ten of my own personal CHRISTMAS favorites...NOT listed in a "favorite" order...

1) Picking out a live Christmas tree w/ Daddy and the kids the Sunday following Thanksgiving.
2) Decorating our home all Christmassy-like with my kiddos!
3) Listening to Christmas songs almost all day.
4) O Holy Night (my FAVORITE Christmas song)

Rachel's 1st Christmas ornament, 2009

5) Fires in our fireplace and the company of my hubby, kids, and dog.

6) Our Jesse Tree remembrance of Christ Jesus' coming at Christmas.
7) Selecting an ornament that represents a significant theme of the current year to give to our children.
8) Writing our yearly Christmas letter/update and re-reading ones from past years.
9) Receiving REAL snail mail in the form of Christmas cards, letters, & photos from family and friends.
10) Re-reading the true Christmas story and letting my mind wonder about the wonder of it.

What about you? I'd love to hear about your Christmas favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! Christmas Blessings to you and yours!
    I also love wondering about the WONDER!
    My very favorite part of Christmas is being with my family!!! Since they all live 15 hours away, it is very special to be under one roof TOGETHER. =)
    We'll have a baby in the house this year!
    Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    Howdy! Thanks for the ((HUG))! :) What a special treat to have your entire family together under your roof this year! Will Grandpa be transporting the grandchildren to far off lands by way of accordian magic? Enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    Love in Christ,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete