TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolution Week: The Missing Link is Remaining

Somewhere under here is a gas grill.
It's Resolution Week--the days spent before the New Year making lists, pondering old ones, and assessing our current state of being. The previous year is in review. How'd we do? Successes? Failures? Blessings? Regrets? What needs to change? What goals do we desire to achieve this coming year?

There's something special about the thought of a new year. A second chance. A slate wiped clean, erased, and ready to be rewritten. Something hopeful, and I believe we need to know that hope still exists.

Fear is also present. What if I do...What if I don't... What if this...What if that... Doubt creeps in, and negativity. Echoes of criticism or judgment from others may whisper in our ears. Flashbacks. I've made the same mistake a thousand times. Why will THIS YEAR be any different?

Friends, let me offer us encouragement not to miss. As we're planning, pondering, and evaluating our past...As we're considering resolutions for change in 2011...As we're desiring the hope of another "RESET," a do-over...As we're fighting off fear, regrets, and the darkness of doubt...REMEMBER the missing link:

 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:4-5

Matthew and David--We have to dig if we want elk burgers.
Lord, forgive us for making lofty plans for our lives without consulting you. What do YOU desire for us individually in 2011? We desperately desire another chance, but are powerless to make things right alone. We fear another year of setbacks and disappointment, but want to believe there's hope for us. Your word says we can't accomplish our goals without you. So, we invite you to teach us how to abide in you that we may finish 2011 well. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

Victory! Matthew uncovered the grill!





Remain in me.
Must remain in the vine.
Remain in me.
If you remain in me.
You will bear much fruit.
Apart from me you can do NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment