TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, January 17, 2011

Dire Disconnect: I Need More Time for “All these things!”

Matthew and David on Papa and Bebe's porch swing
Three years. That’s the amount of time I felt immobilized. Life’s demands such as diaper changes, meal making, grocery store runs, and maintaining our two-bit apartment spent my time for me, it seemed. Weekly Bible study, exercise, a couples small group Bible study, and part-time responsibility as the Administrator of a homeschool sports program additionally filled my calendar. Soon, my oldest son would begin to homeschool.

Certainly, I enjoyed “playing house” with my incredible husband and two sons. It brought me joy to prepare meals and bake cookies for my family to enjoy together. I was genuinely thankful my husband supported me as an at-home mom. Nothing in my schedule was purposeless or a burden; however, the problem was this calendar routine had a reset button. Repeatedly replaying itself, little down time remained to accomplish “all these things”-- meaningful projects like scrapbooking our memories and such.

Have you ever felt like you needed more time in your day? Your week? Have you ever wondered if you’re in a “season” of life or if THIS is what your remaining 24/7s will be like?

One day I collided with this truth:

Brothers sipping cocoa at Daddy's old picnic table on a TX cold day.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
My calendar didn’t change. My schedule still held the same items. The only shift was my perspective. My priority perspectiveexcerpted from my work in progressthe ORDER, which I spent my time.

All day long distractions tug and pull my heart and eyes,
But God beckons me as they threaten me, “Remember, prioritize!”
“Oh yes! God first, husband second, and children are the third,
Work fourth, Service fifth as outlined for me in Your Word.”

“That’s right, my child,” I hear God say,
“You are learning to trust and obey.”

Lord, wake us up! Show us our “shorts.” Reveal our time wasters. Unveil our misspent minutes. Teach us to live each day in priority perspective. Help us to live in the now, so as to build a heritage for the later. In your presence, O Lord, is the fullness of joy. Give us a hunger and thirst to begin our days with you. Marvel us with the fuzzy wonder of how YOU multiply today’s 24 when we live out Mt. 6:33. Encourage our hearts, Lord, as we seek you and “all these things” in our hearts follow suit. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

A surprise for Mommy in the box!

So, I drug out my scrapbooks, pages bare. Little by little, picture and paper by journal box and “the story,” I began to leave a little legacy. Almost greater than the memory itself was my joy of inscribing a time-tested word on each page. I’d flip through my Bible, searching many times through the concordance, and find the “perfect” scripture verse to complete each page. “If I were to die today,” I thought, “My children could look on these pages and be pointed to your truth.”

Not perfection, but priorities are the key.
Pursuing FIRST the Lord and His word,
reconnects the “short”
to “All these things!”

Related Posts:




No comments:

Post a Comment