TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dire Disconnect: If Only I had More Wisdom

We can make it simple, “I don’t know what to wear to...or which accessories/shoes/handbag look the best. Hair up or down?” We can make it more complicated, too. “I’m not sure if I should let my children hang out with those friends, watch that movie, or play that video game. Other parents don’t seem to mind. I’m not sure about it, but maybe I’m overreacting.” Perhaps we just wonder how to spend Monday—“home” work catch-up, a play/lunch date, tackle errands. I don’t know. What do you think I should do?

Wisdom. Where do we find it? Knowledge—if I just knew what to say or do next. Help. I’m uncertain how to handle this situation. Sources. Barnes & Noble bookstore? Phone a friend. Inquire on Facebook. Ask the Audience? Use a lifeline? And so on. The phrase from this song comes to mind. Where do I go when I need some helping? “Back on my knees again,” it answers--through prayer.

I’m fearful we run all too easily to the wrong counsel. To words without knowledge. To favorites, “Likes,” fads, and “NEW!” We run to what our itching ears WANT to hear, to what feels good or sounds right at the time, or whatever we deem “relevant” today. Is there a solid foundation, a firm basis for beliefs, or higher authority in the messages we often seek? Yet unanswered, we rest our faith, future, marriages, homes, and children in them. No questions asked. No double takes…just the whole body plunge!

But, the Lord answered suffering and afflicted Job in light of ALL wisdom. The kind that established the earth’s footings, measured out its dimensions, and barred limits over created things. “Stop there, waves!” To the darkness, “There you will reside.” “All hail! Here are heaven’s storehouses of snow”—spoken by the One who chisels out the path for the storm. The one who counts the doe’s swollen months and whispers, “Emerge, Orion!” or to the hawk, “To the south take flight.” He’s the one who’d admit to man, tormented,

“...If YOUR arm stretches far like God’s…
If YOUR voice reverberates throughout the earth and its heavens…
If YOU are consumed with the splendor of all glory or robed in majesty…
If YOUR personal fury with life’s troubles and problem-people could rectify ills and wrongs,
THEN, YOUR back is covered. YOU’VE won. YOU’RE the victor. With YOUR own right hand, YOU have saved YOURSELF.” (Paraphrase mine.)

If that’s the wisdom we possess or glean, by all means, follow it. Like it. Share it. Make it a favorite.

Alternatively, if the message or messenger we consult obscures true wisdom’s counsel, boasting knowledge, but lacking it…BOW. Bow out. Bow low. Humbly listen instead. SEE. Confess and repent. Reconnect with true wisdom found in the exalted Word and glorious name of J E S U S. True wisdom IS available. There are no stupid questions except the ones we fail to ask. Believe God and follow Him like you do. Experience God’s love and revelation to YOU.

If only I’d consume more wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment