TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dire Disconnects: Bridge to Connection

Glacier National Park, August 2008
There’s a bridge that leads to connection, but if we stray from it, we’ll lose the path. It is the lifeline, the way to safety, life, and everything we need to complete our journey. Nevertheless, troubled waters swirl beneath it, eddies deep and powerful, ready to suck in the unprepared, the doubting, the dissenters, anyone who wants more to go their own route. Perhaps the struggling one may grip a log or hug a rock for a time, but the mighty waters, in rushing vigor, command their victims drowned.

That’s what happened when I deviated from the corridor of God’s commands in His word. “Do not be yoked with the unbeliever,” He instructed my infantile heart who wanted to “missionary date” a young man. “But Lord,” I argued, “What is your will FOR ME in THIS situation?” His word to me didn’t change, yet I refused to accept His answer. SILENCE. That’s what I heard from Him. The further I drifted from His word, the deeper into mire I sank. Not three weeks later, I tested the waters of compromise and downwardly spun...a swirling I would churn in for half a decade, grappling to stay afloat in my own strength...

Now I know this:
"I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word." Psalm 138:2
Matt on stream crossing, Glacier NP, August 2008
There is a bridge. His name is JESUS. God has exalted Him above all things (like other messages, human wisdom, and self-directed ways). He leads to head and heart connection, but if we stray from His word, we’ll lose the path. JESUS is my lifeline, the way to safety, life, and everything we need to complete our journey. Nevertheless, troubled waters swirl beneath His protective passageway, eddies deep and powerful, ready to suck in and drown.

Yet, praise is due this Jesus. He is the Faithful One. He is so loving. To the whirling one churning in the eddy, deep, He offers a life rope. He extends mercy and grace. “Hold on to Me, child.” He offers Himself. He breathes new life into collapsed lungs and limp limbs. He is my Rescuer. Is He yours? At His name and at His word—He makes ALL things NEW. Dear Lord Jesus, You are our bridge over troubled waters. You are our lifeboat. You remake us--in YOU, brand new, reconnecting our heads and hearts, too. Amen!


Shannon prepping lunch on bridge at Glacier NP, August 2008
Read more on Dire Disconnects.

No comments:

Post a Comment