TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, January 10, 2011

Dire Disconnects from Artificial to Authentic: A Challenge to Consider What we Cherish

"Alzheimer's Days" w/ Pop & Mimi visiting us--Dance Off--12/2010
When my perception of me differs from the way I think, words I use, or ways I behave, a “short” is revealed in my life. A lapse between my head and heart exists. I call this separation from perception and action “The Dire Disconnect.” My mind does not match up with what overflows from my heart in the form of actions, reactions, or my speech. God’s word calls this walking in the darkness, lying, and not living in truth. Ouch.

In my last post I shared this verse that tells us OVERALL, God has exalted His NAME and His WORD. So, unless JESUS bridges the gap between my head and heart through TRUTH from the Bible, I will continue to live out a disjointed life. I will stumble and fumble in the darkness like this week when I tripped over suitcases en route to the bathroom during the middle of the night. I’ll be a phony, a liar, a hypocrite. I’ll live a bogus, counterfeit life—an imitation, but not the real thing.

What about you? Do you want your life to be artificial or genuine? But, how do we forge past falsehood and stride toward sincerity? Here’s a ‘cut to the chase’ challenge God issues us from His word:

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; Psalm 66:18
Our Lord desires an honest evaluation. He already knows what we’re thinking, how we’re spending our time and resources, and what our hearts LOVE, desire, and cherish. Approval from others? Power, prestige, and position? Material abundance? Convenience or pleasure? Different circumstances? We can’t fool Him, but we can be fools.

So, as I’ve learned the hard way through loving my sin more than my Savior, I offer us this challenge. Let’s spend five minutes of uninterrupted quiet with the Lord. We’ll invite His Spirit to search our hearts and minds. Bravely, let’s ask Him to reveal to us individually what we presently cherish. Then, let’s ask for the courage to accept what He shows us, so we can move away from cherishing sin and progress toward reconnecting our “shorts.”

Look forward to Thursday’s post called Dire Disconnects: Confess to Reconnect. Please share Today’s Lady Virtue with others! As always, I welcome your feedback, stories, and comments. It is a joy to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment