TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, January 3, 2011

When We Drop the Ball: An Intro to Head to Heart “Dire Disconnects”

Ooops! David "separated" from his sled!
We just celebrated Resolution Week, setting some personal goals for the coming year…and then the Ball dropped. I’m referring to the one at New York City’s Times Square. Nevertheless, I wonder how many of us already feel like we’ve dropped the ball on our lofty New Year’s ambitions. If you read my last post, you’d know the encouragement I offered us to empower these personal plans was TO REMAIN in JESUS—that is to keep asking, seeking, knocking, and following in step with His Spirit leading us.

Nevertheless, something contrary happens when WHAT WE THINK in our minds and WHAT WE DO with our hands, feet, and body differs. When our perceived way of viewing ourselves does not support the thoughts, words, or ways of our behavior, something contrary comes into sight. I call this “The Dire Disconnect.” It describes the lapse in continuity or agreement between our heads and our hearts. Moreover, the disconnect reveals disjointed or even deceived thought-processes.

I lived almost a decade of my life in the chasm of the dire disconnect. In my head I perceived myself as a “Good little Christian girl.” However, my heart revealed quite the contrary as it unfolded pride, sexual immorality, and deception through my actions. My wake-up call came when the Lord turned the stadium lights on my sin, exposing a 20 year-old college girl, pregnant and unwed. This humiliation shattered my mental “Good little Christian girl” perception of myself; thus, revealing my need to reconnect my head and heart. More of this story to follow…
“This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.” 1 John 1:5-6

This month I plan on discussing some of the dire disconnects that regularly plague us women. We will take a look at how we spend our time, our money, and our relationships. We’ll also troubleshoot how to reconnect our heads and hearts, if in fact, we discover a short! Sometime this month, author Marybeth Whalen, will host a free giveaway of her book Learning to Live Financially Free on Today’s Lady Virtue. I hope you’ll keep reading and also will share Today’s Lady Virtue with others.

Thank you for reading Today’s Lady Virtue. I enjoy interacting with you via e-mail, blog comments, and Facebook posts immensely! So, I thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts down. I am grateful for your encouragement!

Here’s how you can currently involve yourself with Today’s Lady Virtue:

1) Become a blog follower of Today’s Lady Virtue.
2) Follow TLV via networked blogs.
3) Come visit my Facebook page: Today’s Lady Virtue
4) Follow my tweets on Twitter: Todaysladyvirtu
5) Share TLV with others! Please pass it on...share buttons @ bottom of blog posts.
6) Pray for me. Pray for the women who will read TLV. Pray for the needs left as comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment