TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, February 21, 2011

Covering of the Womb: A Marvelous Mystery

Coverings. I've been sharing some of my thoughts of these blessed, heart-settling blankets of truth.
When I think of coverings, my mind rests on thoughts of “got your back” grace. Anything that refreshes, smoothes over, irons out the wrinkles, and just plain settles my anxious heart down to a healthy place of restful peace.
The covering of SNOW paints a portrait of God's grace--something pure and lovely covering over what is dead and lifeless. Brand, sparkling NEW.

The covering of FOREVER PROMISES secure my future. I hearken back on the Lord's past provisions in my life to strengthen me in my uncertain now. Truth to cling to when life's waves knock me about.

The covering of the WOMB. Oh, that blessed and secret place. That deep cavern known only by the mystery of God. Swollen mother. Knitted child. Unseen, yet known by God. Created, fashioned, formed by the Lord, called, chosen, cursed and blessed baby made by God. Have you ever perused what God's word says about the covering of a woman's womb?

NAKED.

DESIRED BY God to be faithful toward Him.

TAUGHT WISDOM in womb's secret covering.

CAPABLE of JOY and PRAISE! Can leap in jubilation!

BORN into trouble, struggles, and sorrow.

CAST God-ward or wayward, even from birth. 

MADE to trust the Lord, even from the breast!

RELIED on and TRUSTED the Lord before breathing air.

INCOMPREHENSIBLE. Who can understand the mystery of Christ's womb-knitting?

HELPED, STRENGTHENED, KNOWN, and NAMED by God from the womb.

and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” Job 1:21
This week's unexpected trial--a 48 hour stay with my newborn baby at Dell Children's Hospital--made me ponder the covering of the womb. It was eye-opening, really. From beeping sounds monitoring vitals and the cries of sick infants and children to the feverish body of my little boy, I tasted the vapor that is this life. I remembered a family friend who just walked their own 21 year-old son home to heaven. I overheard "Code Blue" on the loud speaker. Then I tucked my baby boy in his carseat, returned home with my boy whose virus had run through him, and resumed life in the "new normal."

Thankful. Grateful. Reminded that life is fragile. It is a gift from the Author and Giver of Life. I have no claim in this world, over my home, or the people that fill it. I came naked. I'll leave that way, too. So in the in-between time, the blink that is my now, I will choose to be thankful. To be prayerful. To cherish. To remember my God who prepares life in the womb--fully capable of knowing Him here and now--to one day be gathered once more to Him in the then and there.

Thank you, Lord, for the fruit of my womb! May we be ever grateful for LIFE! AMEN.




Everyone comes naked from their mother’s womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands. Ecclesiastes 5:15
NAKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment