TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coverings: Forever Promises of God

Life on earth presents myriad uncertainties. Alongside unknowns, Fear offers to be our constant companion. Yet she owns no stake in us if we're open hearted to love--perfect love. "What's that?" we may question in this torn world, especially when we peer through human lenses. But God's word says that HIS love, the perfect kind, drives out fear. It also says of God that He IS love and love always trusts.

King David understood Trust--the antithesis of fear. When he looked ahead, he expected God. He anticipated His presence, His provision, and His promises. Measuring his potential fears against the bigness of His God engulfed what doubt or dread that could have constrained him. It gave him courage to pray. David's trust in the Lord erupted awestruck praise from his lips. David's confidence rested not on what his eyes did see, but on what he had seen. Past provision by God paved way for present belief in future fulfillment of God's forever promises.

LORD Almighty, God of Israel, you have revealed this to your servant, saying, ‘I will build a house for you.’ So your servant has found courage to pray this prayer to you. Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, Sovereign LORD, have spoken, and with your blessing the house of your servant will be blessed forever.” 1 Samuel 7:27-29

I'm sitting in a hospital room with my 9-day old baby boy as I type this. Presently, I'm waiting for answers just like King David. Yet my heart is at rest because my Lord Jesus is present with me. Like David I recount God's faithfulness in my life. That gives me hope to trust He has my future and that of this precious baby in His Sovereign control. So, I pray boldly. I praise Him with my lips. I remember His forever promises. He comforts me, for He sovereignly covers my now.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and baby Johnathan. Let me know if I can do anything!

    ReplyDelete