TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fount of Thanks: Thankful Thoughts for this Thursday

I shared this post with you on Monday. Little did I know, but later that day the Lord brought our "fifth and final" child, a son, into the world! Thanks to some "it's almost time" signs of imminent labor, Mimi had dropped everything and ran (actually, drove) to Austin a week prior. As it turns out, the Lord ushered her in just before a rare Austin, TX freeze complete with rolling blackouts. He also knew that this fifth-time mother-to-be would need lots of extra help to prepare for the birth of her baby. Thus, the Lord provided!

Fast forward one week and we're on the way to the birthing center for an exam. The skilled staff decided to keep me in sight to evaluate any progress...or lack thereof. Daddy held down the fort with our four other children and awaited a progress report. Meanwhile, their special aunt made preparations for her 3 children plus 4 extras at a moment's notice...such things as 2 pans of homemade lasagna, CHOICES of ice cream (actually thanks to a generous uncle), and plans for a sleepover and cinnamon roll breakfast.

What I wasn't prepared for was the surge of emotions that overwhelmed me when I walked into the birthing room. Memories. Time, precious, time. Love. Marriage. Going on five babies. God's grace and faithfulness. Blessings. So, before the journey to bring baby down began, I asked for some quiet time. One by one, I recounted my thanks to the Lord for my husband, each child of mine, the special people He has placed in my life to love and care for me/us, and His amazing, well-timed plan for our individual lives.

I discovered something. Thankfulness begets more thankfulness. When I began to thank the Lord for one little thing about each blessing in my life, another one came to mind. I listed five for each one, but the list surely went on. Monday's labor marked the closing of chapter for our family, and a sweet beginning to a new one. So, my heart feels glad. I'm thankful, relieved, and content. Oh, and did I mention, I'm thankful?

What about you? Share some of the blessings you're thankful for right now. This day. This moment. Albeit your list, likewise, will keep on flowing.
Welcome, Jonathan Lee Cochran! Born 2/7/2011 at 2:43 PM, 7 lbs. 7 oz., 19.5 in.

1 Chronicles 29:13 "Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

Psalm 118:1 "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Revelation 7:12 saying: “Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Congratulation! I was just asking Matt yesterday if you were sad this would be the last time, but after reading your posts it sounds like you had the perfect quiet time to enjoy those last few special moments.
    I too, am thankful for a momma who will drop everything to come help with our little one at a moments notice. I pray that I will be able to do the exact same thing for my little girl one day! Again, congrats and I can't wait to meet him!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paige,

    Howdy! Thank you for reading TLV and for leaving a comment. The Lord scripted a beautiful last birth story for our final addition. It was just what I needed, really. He powerfully overcame all of my anxieties with His wondrous plan. Like the scripture I memorized and meditated on during the L&D (Deuteronomy 31:6) says, "The Lord your God GOES WITH YOU. He will never leave you nor forsake you." What truth! What a comfort!

    Yes, I believe that is how we pay back our mamas...pay it forward to our daughters/children.

    Love in Christ,

    Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post--and beautiful baby. Today my four grandkiddos are coming to visit and I'm thankful. I prayed for some snow--I know everyone else is buried. So they are excited to come play. I give thanks for their parents and for the gift of grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete