TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, March 28, 2011

My Boss Hit the Pause Button: Still Orders from the Top

Dear Friends and Family,

Howdy! I'm stopping in right now to let you know my Boss hit the pause button. I've got Still Orders from the Top to hide myself in a holding pattern for a bit. Know that I haven't forgotten about you and have much to share, but need to tend to a few matters in the meantime...

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

Some of my good friends and my hubby have reminded me it's time to think about summer! Oh yeah! The "overwhelming while in the process of planning for Alzheimer's Days" season is in process. I've laid out my letter to Jesus (something I'll share more about later). For now, I'm pausing while He unfolds the details for me/us. His word to my spirit was this: TRUST ME. So, that's what I'm doing and letting Him lead me.

Allow me to share a few tidbits with you...

1) Celebrate! My oldest son turned 12 last week! He's almost as tall as and wears a larger shoe size. Where has the time gone?

2) Give Thanks! We're almost finished navigating through another round of sicknes in our household! Maybe the beginning blooms on our tomato babies are sign that the season of sickness is almost over?

2) Praise! Potty training around here! We landed a numero dos IN THE TOILET today! :)

3) Question of the Day: Is Play-Doh non-toxic for dogs, too?

4) Moment of Genius! So we have a citrus drawer in our spare fridge. A certain detail-noting sprout of mine announced, "Hey, Mommy, we have a green orange!" Uhm...LOL...that would be a lime! :)

5) Can you identify this? Leave me a comment if you recognize the mysery item below that testifies for my brain cell-loss brilliance. What did I do? Hint: It was found in my utility room...


6) Remember to Sense when earthly life doesn't make any! A baby head as soft as a peach, a little girl's use of words not whining, a young boy's story that "Right now he is Yogi Bear, but after nap he'll be Woody," a growing boy's discovery that iron filings and a strong magnet can grasp a plastic bottle cap, and a young man's laughter at himself when his first attempt to jump a net-fence failed, "Ha...that didn't work out so well..."

In the next few posts I hope to share my concluding posts on What Makes our House a Home:

1) Beauty and Orders - A Warm Welcome

2) Quiet Hours – Rest for the Soul
3) Bedtime Fun and Prayers – Play then Pray
4) The Forbidden “No” – Discipline Reaps a Harvest of Righteousness

Love in Christ,



Shannon :)

P.S. My website design is almost approved. Yeah! Will be more time, however, before I supply all necessary content to launch Today's Lady Virtue. Imagine that. :) See also this related post.

P.P.S. Welcome, Amy! Thank you for following Today's Lady Virtue! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Precious One,
    You are such a joy!
    Thank you for your uplifting posts and encouraging comments. Is that a diaper???
    Photo is fuzzy...on purpose?

    Blessings to you and yours~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congratulations on another round of potty training!!! Dr. Tony Campolo used to call it the "first gift we produce on society's behalf." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - LOL...the mystery item is a Pull-up that survived my washer's spin cycle! Good news is: It was an all-day long dry Pull-up. Bad news is: Can't tell the good news b/c now it's full of water! :)

    Great comment from Dr. Tony Campolo! Thanks for sharing, Jess.

    ReplyDelete